Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : I felt I needed to introduce myself too

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ReviveUsLord

Macedonia

I felt I needed to introduce myself too

Hello all!

Eventhough I've already posted few posts I never actually introduced myself and I always felt this was missing on my part, so now it's time to put this right! :-)
I've been visiting this website for almost 4 years now, mainly downloading sermons and also checking out the forums once in a while. It was by the spur of my countrymate Kire (tears_of_joy) that I actually registered and posted my very first threads.
I was born in an Eastern-Orthodox family (as most Macedonians do) but by the grace of the Lord I got in touch with the Gospel and got saved in '97-'98 (I don't remember the exact date). Since then I've been attending a Methodist Church near the town I live (with sound Bible doctrine, no ecumenism involvement etc.) and also an International Baptist Church (during my studies in Germany).
I've been drawn to come again and again to this forum because I saw people here who love the Lord and who want to see Him glorified in this age and time we live in. It is a rare thing for me to see so many Christians who so want to live their lives for the Lord in one place, as it is here. And that is my desire too, to live my life absolutely surrendered to Jesus and to see Him glorified. I've been encouraged many times by posts on the forum, though I've rarely replied. Now that I've introduced myself maybe I'll have more courage to post:-), but as the Lord leads.
I am very happy to be part of this community and I look forward to more admonishment, exhortation, edification through this body of Christ, all to make me grow, love and serve Christ better, and I will be honored to be also used by God at this place if He permits.

Your sister in Christ,

Milica

2007/5/23 17:46Profile

Re: I felt I needed to introduce myself too

Quote:

ReviveUsLord wrote:
And that is my desire too, to live my life absolutely surrendered to Jesus and to see Him glorified.

Welcome sister Milica! What a joy it is to meet and know a sister with such beautiful heart desire to be totally surrendered to Christ and glorify Him.

May the Lord Jesus richly bless you! I am looking forward to many more edifying and encouraging posts from you. :)

Your sister,
Joy

:-)

2007/5/23 18:13
moreofHim

Re: Milica

Hello Milica! Any friend of Kire is a friend of mine :-) What a blessing to have him for a friend.

May God bless you as you continue to grow in Him.

In His love, Chanin

2007/5/23 18:53Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Welcome Milica, your brief testimony is a great encouragement.

Looking forward to your participation in the doings here.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/5/23 19:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've been visiting this website for almost 4 years now, mainly downloading sermons and also checking out the forums once in a while. It was by the spur of my countrymate Kire (tears_of_joy) that I actually registered and posted my very first threads.

Praise God. It is great to see you registered on sermonindex.net May God bless you continually as you seek to be conformed to His glorious image.

2007/5/23 22:49Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Ah, Milica...what a lovely name. Does it have a special meaning?

I'm always interested in names, and those from Greece always seem to be the most beautiful, though I know that many people in English speaking nations have Greek derived names.

Macedonia is of course very well known for Alexander the Great, but for people like me with poor geographical skills in a world where places keep changing names, I would love to know how your area got back to being Macedonia, and what it was most recently, and what it is like there.

And yes, I am encouraging you to post, if only to satisfy my curiousity, and also to let you know that that like many at SI, I received an education that didn't anticipate geography changing a lot. Nor did most of us get English as a second language, much less German and perhaps others as well.

But I think we are all friendly, and love to hear about other people.

So please, join in!

Blessings,

Forrest (another sister, although with a masculine name)

2007/5/24 3:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Warm welcome

Quote:

I must echo Chanin here;

Quote:
Hello Milica! Any friend of Kire is a friend of mine What a blessing to have him for a friend.

How wonderful to hear from you sister! It is always refreshing to hear from those that I know are out there, peering into these things. After 4 years you would likely know much of the history behind us. Intrigued by what you might have to share. Welcome seems almost out of order ... welcome again? ;-)

2007/5/24 9:32Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Milica, welcome to you and to the forums and community in Jesus' name. I pray that all your time here will be full of light and that God would shine upon you in the face of His dear Son.

Your friend Kire has been a blessing to me and I am glad to see you, his friend, here.

Warm welcomes and peace be with you,

Chris

2007/5/24 15:03Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

zdravo sister, brother kire learned me to spell that :-) hope i remembered right.

2007/5/24 15:54Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Welcome Milica!

2007/5/24 15:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy