SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : sexual immoral people and drunkards go to hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coolcap2007

sexual immoral people and drunkards go to hell?

is my doctrine right? if i tell people that the reason people that live a lifestyle of getting drunk and being sexually immoral is because if u have been born again how can you live this kind of lifestyle. It doesnt mean if u mess up and sin in this way you will go to hell, but it means how can you continue to do this where your lifestyle is characterised as getting drunk and doing sexual things with the oppoisite sex. that means theres no spirit in you to lead you and that means you havent been born again

2007/5/23 16:55Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re: sexual immoral people and drunkards go to hell?

From what I can understand of your doctrine I think you are correct. If someone claims to be born again yet continues to live in sin there's no way that they could be born again.
1 John 3:6 "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not. Whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him neither know Him."
3:8 "He that commiteth sin is of the devil: for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might [b]DESTROY[/b] the works of the devil."
3:9 "[b][color=990000]Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."[/color][/b]

2007/5/23 17:12Profile

Jackie Pullinger once said something to this effect: "the only difference between their sins (drunkards, druggies, prostitutes) and ours, is that theirs' show..."

2007/5/23 20:21
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:
Jackie Pullinger once said something to this effect: "the only difference between their sins (drunkards, druggies, prostitutes) and ours, is that theirs' show..."

This is true as far as non-believers go, but once you are born again I'm not sure this applies anymore.

For a Christian to have an angry thought is much different from an unbeliever having an angry thought (not to mention committing murder). A Christian who thinks an angry thought is acting contrary to his (new) nature; he is rebelling against what is natural to him (in a very real sense this is true). It will deeply grieve the Christian. The Christian will repent. The Christian will be sanctified by God and will sin less and less as he grows older. For a non-believer, it is almost the exactly the opposite for each of these things.

Anyways, I know what you were trying to say - that the drunkards, druggies, and prostitutes are no worse than the rest of us. I was just pointing out that because of Jesus, we actually ARE different! Praise God!

2007/5/23 21:08Profile
repentcanada

great thought process in this post

2007/5/23 21:18Profile

Re:

Nile said

Quote:
This is true as far as non-believers go, but once you are born again I'm not sure this applies anymore.

Brother, I'm talking about people that consider themselves "born again", are on the Board, speak churchanese, and are outwardly pious, think they're saved - and most everyone else does, too - only, they're not.

"Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." (MATT 21:31)

Quote:
Anyways, I know what you were trying to say - that the drunkards, druggies, and prostitutes are no worse than the rest of us. I was just pointing out that because of Jesus, we actually ARE different! Praise God!

Actually, I was trying to point out that alcoholics, druggies, and prostitutes are easier to save than the educated, clean-cut, well-dressed religious man or woman.

A doctor easily sees, diagnoses, and treats a scraped knee.

But just as frequently they prescribe Tylenol 3 (with codene) for brain cancer - which he or she thinks was just a headache.

2007/5/24 4:45
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Rev 21:7 [b] He that overcometh[/b] shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and [b]all[/b] liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

we must overcome the flesh, sin and the world...

Rom 6:6 [b]Knowing this[/b], that our old man is crucified with him, [b]that the body of sin might be destroyed[/b], that henceforth we [b]should not serve sin.[/b]
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

so if we have sin, we MUST stop doing that, whatever it might be, and repent.

because

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Zac Poonen says it much better then me :-), but hoe do you know you are under grace?

Sin shall not have dominion over you....

2007/5/24 5:05Profile
PassingThru

Re:

HmmHmm quoted :-

[color=000099]
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
[/color]

coolcap2007, what do you think about the first sin in this list in relation to what you wrote ?

PassingThru

2007/5/24 6:38Profile

PassingThru asked

Quote:
...what do you think about the first sin in this list...?

Very good question. :-o

2007/5/24 7:08
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
PassingThru asked
Quote:
...what do you think about the first sin in this list...?

Very good question. :-o

Here is Matthew Henrys commentary.

[i]Here observe, (1.) The sins of those who perish, among which are first mentioned their cowardliness and unbelief. The fearful lead the van in this black list. They durst not encounter the difficulties of religion, and their slavish fear proceeded from their unbelief; but those who were so dastardly as not to dare to take up the cross of Christ, and discharge their duty to him, were yet so desperate as to run into all manner of abominable wickedness - murder, adultery, sorcery, idolatry, and lying. (2.) Their punishment: They have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. [1.] They could not burn at a stake for Christ, but they must burn in hell for sin. [2.] They must die another death after their natural death; the agonies and terrors of the first death will consign them over to the far greater terrors and agonies of eternal death, to die and to be always dying. [3.] This misery will be their proper part and portion, what they have justly deserved, what they have in effect chosen, and what they have prepared themselves for by their sins. Thus the misery of the damned will illustrate the blessedness of those that are saved, and the blessedness of the saved will aggravate the misery of those that are damned.[/i]

2007/5/24 7:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy