SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : street corner preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re:

Dave-

Quote:
Greg and Chanin both operate in the prophetic gift (i.e. a man or woman of God who calls the people of God back to God), whereas some of us operate in the evangelistic gift and we have left the ninety and nine to follow God into the hedges and down the byways.

You're exactly correct on this. I often forget this and wonder why people are not seeing things "my way" or like i do. But that is because I have something so strong in me to bring 'christians" back to God or their First Love. To chasten a bit, to challenge them to go deeper and let the Lord search their hearts consistantly.

I do not really have a heart to evangelize and I really don't feel guilty anymore that i don't. Everyone has their gifts and all are needed!

This is where we need to be careful (including me) in judging what others are doing. The key here is that each is listening to the Lord for directions so that He is doing what God wants them to do. Not want they think they should do or someone else thinks they should do.

I must keep remembering this when it comes to other's points of view on the subject of evangelism and the lost.

I tend to be much more accepting and loving towards the unbeliever because "they have an excuse". it's the believer who does not live it that i have a problem trying to accept and love unconditionally. But, again, this is something the Lord is working on with me. I see the reason I see through the falseness of their faith- But i must do it in love even still.

Thanks for the reminder.

Satisfied in Him, Chanin

2004/4/10 20:20Profile
prayer1warrior

Re:

Thank you! :-)

2004/4/10 20:35Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Quote "I do not really have a heart to evangelize and I really don't feel guilty anymore that i don't." moreofhim

Come on Christian!! Do you not feel any guilt at all that the multitudes are going to an eternal hell for their sins where they will suffer torments forever and ever and you just sit back and do nothing and merely say "I don't have a heart to". Does that not bother you "anymore"??? Let me say this, something is radically wrong with your heart.

You said you don't feel guilty anymore, which means you used to. Well what stoped you then from living out your convictions? Just because you have over ridden your conscience so you don't feel guilty doesn't mean what your doing is right. Because it is wrong.

Do you follow the same Jesus I do who came to "seek and to save that which was lost." Do you follow in his steps? Jesus said "follow me and I will make you fishers of men." That was the promise He gave to His followers. The Great Commission is for every Christian. As David Wilkerson said "It's Gods will that everybody goes".

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself! Are you exempt from that? Does the second greatest commandment not apply to you but only to others?? Come on "Christian"!!Do you want eternal life for yourself but could care less if others have it? C.H. Spurgeon said "Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself, be sure of that."

Feel guilty like you used to that you don't evangelize because their blood is on your hands. Ezekiel 3:18-21, and 33:8-11 can and should be applied to the Great Commission.

2004/4/10 20:40Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Wow! Would anyone like to answer this. I am getting tired. :-o

In His perfect love, chanin

2004/4/10 20:44Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Come on. you know in your heart what I said was right. With all my heart I believe all I said. You like a person who has the cure for cancer hidden in their house and says " I don't feel guilty anymore that I don't give those dying of cancer the cure. I just don't have a heart to." Actually what your doing is far worse.

Evangelism is as much as knowing how to perform brain surgery is a "gift". Both, in truth, are learned skills.

2004/4/10 20:50Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Lazarus,

I am not going to defend myself here because most on this site know me very well. I know you do not know me very well because you have not been on here very long- but you realy don't know my heart. Have you read any of my other posts? I think you will see that I am nothing like what you are implying. I am not on here to debate.

I live my Christianity every day 24 hrs. a day for all to see- including the lost. I aim to be a walking living breathing light for Him. I guess my evangelism is my lifestyle.

Just as I am admitting to not understanding your calling as well as I would like to because I am called to bring repentance to the "Church"- can you maybe try to see this from my point of view. I am willing - are you?

Be blessed and I pray that the Lord brings many to Christ through you.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/4/10 20:53Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Yes repentance needs to come to the church, and the first thing that needs to be repented of is the hearts that don't care enough about the lost to tell them how they can recieve everlasting life.

"I guess my evangelism is my lifestyle." moreofhim

Your life is a witness, but it is not enough. You could mow your neighbors lawn for free, but that doesn't tell them how they can be forgiven. Romans 10:17 "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Your lifestyle isn't enough, there needs to be words. Not words only, but also a lifestyle.

Romans 10:14-15
"How then shall htye call on Him in whom they have not belived? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent?"

Do you really want to be like a person who has the cure to cancer but doesn't give it to anyone because "I don't have a heart to"??????

2004/4/10 21:00Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

let me say this lovingly, Your telling the world "Go to hell, I don't care enough about you to tell you how to be saved." Have you enough concern to conquer your fears?

2004/4/10 21:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As for the present condition of the bride of Christ, I wholeheartedly agree with you and enough has been said. I believe the we have a classic example of differning perspective. Greg and Chanin both operate in the prophetic gift (i.e. a man or woman of God who calls the people of God back to God), whereas some of us operate in the evangelistic gift and we have left the ninety and nine to follow God into the hedges and down the byways. I would like to add, though, that I really agree that the churches need to be re-evangelized because the gospel that has been preached lo these many years is not what is in scripture. The folks in churches don't need to be revived, they need to be born again, a great many of them.

Brother Dave, I really appreciate your honestly and wonderful words of life to share with us. You defenitely have a spirit of discernment and I thank you for your carefully chosen words. The Spirit of Christ is reflected in your words brother!

Quote:
In conclusion, I hope that I was not too harsh. It is offered in meekness and love. I just began participating in earnest so I hope this doesn't get me banned. The greatest thing about this exchange is that I was challenged to revisit a portion of scripture that I had not meditated upon for some time, and I saw a few things in there that I had not yet seen. His Spirit leads us in to all truth, indeed.

AMEN! I am learning much also brother praise God for His faithfulness in building up His body.

Quote:
Jesus' first sermon made people try to throw him off a cliff but other times they would follow him any where. If they reject you it is because they have rejected God.

Brother Jesse, I hate to disagree with you so much :-P but you are using many examples that are extreme and shouldn't be applyed in this way.

Quote:
"No sort of defense is needed for preaching outdoors, but it would take a very strong argument to prove that a man who has never preached beyond the walls of his meetinghouse has done his duty." C.H. Spurgeon

But this would also mean that he preached in doors predominatly but also excercised the healthy discpline of preaching open-air to his community.

Quote:
I tend to be much more accepting and loving towards the unbeliever because "they have an excuse". it's the believer who does not live it that i have a problem trying to accept and love unconditionally. But, again, this is something the Lord is working on with me. I see the reason I see through the falseness of their faith- But i must do it in love even still.

Chanin, I totally know what you mean. I really think the Lord has to work in each persons heart and there are times and seasons for different workings in our life. It would seem erronous to me for everyone as soon as they are Christian to start bodly preaching on Hell, Judgement, etc when they really have no conception of these terms. They are just ideals and words, doctrines to be preached, without an divine revelation of these truths to the heart they will be sounding brass and tinkling symbols. William Booth had a dream of hell and that set him off to want to save the lost. Duncan Campbell had a vision of hell that gave him an unyeilding desire to save the lost. D.L. Moody went through a tradgic fire incident in his ministry before he realized the true value of souls, the list goes on. How dare we pressume upon all Christians to have this earnestness for souls, which can only really be given by the Lord.

As I said before my worry is that the open-air preaching will be taken in the wrong way by the audience in alot of cases unless the spirit of the speaker is pure in intention and has had divine revelation of the truths he/she is speaking and pleading on. How many of us plead on our knees for souls? dare I recall the story of John Hyde who was restless for souls day and night, A street preacher NO! but a man given to God in the secret closet permeiating the likeness of Christ in word and deed. People in ordinary life couldn't help but notice something different in his actions, character, words, and [b]countenance[/b]. He saved many souls a day and secretly pleaded for more every week, every month, what a burden but it was the Lords.

We lay our burdens on God but who does He lay His burdens on.

2004/4/10 21:07Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
How many of us plead on our knees for souls? dare I recall the story of John Hyde who was restless for souls day and night, A street preacher NO! but a man given to God in the secret closet permeiating the likeness of Christ in word and deed. People in ordinary life couldn't help but notice something different in his actions, character, words, and countenance. He saved many souls a day and secretly pleaded for more every week, every month, what a burden but it was the Lords.

Amen! Just think of the countless mothers who have spent hours and tears praying for their children to come to the Lord or to "stay in the Lord". Think of the many believers who pray people into the kingdom. They are no less in God's eyes as the preacher.

It is not that i don't care at all about unbelievers. I do. I love them to bits where ever I go- at the grocery store, where ever. I will give of myself what ever needs to be given.

There are many ways to bring people to the Lord and praying for them to have the revelation of Christ is one way. Praying that God's will be done in their life is another.I know God will not disappoint me when I pray this way. I have seen the fruit. And they know I am for real.

I just saw some amazing fruit today! My dad and his wife were here and I can see so much growth.

Oh, by the way. actually I am into getting souls saved because what I've been finding out is that many christians are not really saved at all. (I think this was Dave who mentioned this. sorry if it wasn't) I am into making sure that those who say they are Christians- really are! :-)

Anyone want to take a test? :-D

In Him, Chanin

2004/4/10 21:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy