SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why did the apostles have to come down?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I do not see the receiving of the Spirit of God as being distinct from Salvation.

I 'do not see the receiving of the Spirit of God as being distinct from Regeneration'. You will notice I have changed the terminology. ;-)

...and having taken the can of that particular 'can of worms' I am heading off to a Conference in Devon, UK and will not be back at my Mac until Monday 4th... don't go away, this is getting interesting. ;-) :-)

2007/5/25 10:35Profile
PassingThru

Re:

JaySaved

Quote:

Acts 8 is not the norm. Acts 10 proves that.

I should have been more specific and said:
"In our day, I do not believe that a person can truly believe, have faith and repentance and not receive the Spirit of God."

Even if Acts 8 isn't the norm it still shows what is possible and gives us some insight into this topic. It clearly shows people that were at one point in their lives saved without having 'received the Spirit'.

I think the main differences in view here revolve around what is understood by 'receiving the Spirit'.

PassingThru

2007/5/25 10:39Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:

I 'do not see the receiving of the Spirit of God as being distinct from Regeneration'. You will notice I have changed the terminology.

I remember David Wilkerson saying in 'The Cross and Switchblade', or perhaps it's sequel, that they only saw permanent success with freeing addicts from drugs once they were baptized in the Holy Spirit.

His editor wanted him to drop the chapter containing these comments, but fortunately he stuck to his colours.

PassingThru

2007/5/25 10:48Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
I remember David Wilkerson saying in 'The Cross and Switchblade', or perhaps it's sequel, that they only saw permanent success with freeing addicts from drugs once they were baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
His editor wanted him to drop the chapter containing these comments, but fortunately he stuck to his colours.

Praise God for men like that willing to stand their ground on touchy subjects like that.

2007/5/25 10:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy