SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Friendly Fire, Church abuse, Church hoping...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

Friendly Fire, Church abuse, Church hoping...

When is it OK and BIBLICAL to attend a different church? What is wrong with the churches of today? Why are we so focused on external appearances and not on Christ and his work? My wife experienced "friendly fire" from gossiping women in our church and is deeply hurt, and while this pain is fresh, I need to hear from the Lord on his direction for our future. Anyone ever experience "friendly fire" from other believers and how did and should one respond? More dialogue can occur here, but I would like to hear from the other christians on this forum. Blessings,
Doug

2004/4/9 11:07Profile
prayer1warrior

Re: Friendly Fire, Church abuse, Church hoping...

Bless you

2004/4/10 20:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
When is it OK and BIBLICAL to attend a different church? What is wrong with the churches of today? Why are we so focused on external appearances and not on Christ and his work?

Brother Doug, I personally believe in many cases when we say that this church is not good for us its really the faults in ourselve that we are seeing in others. If there are Christians that are revived and full of the Holy Ghost they should share and teach others in the way that is better. Its as David Wilkerson said, instead of saying bad things about the Church and minister, sit there and pray for God's Spirit to fall in power with the right spirit pray this and God will honour it.

I have personally been church hooping abit, and I feel I need to get into a community of believers that is more intimate and were I can be accountable to. But that does not mean I will be leaving my main home church entirely, I still feel called of God to pray for them and to share the burden for revival, NOT as someone that is better but as someone just like them that needs revival myself in my life. Once we start to judge others and have 'I'm better than this church attitude' thats the signs of [b]spritual pride[/b] having a foothold in our lifes.

[b]Galatians 6:1[/b] - Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

[b]Galatians 6:3-4[/b] - If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,

2004/4/12 21:05Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Greg, something about your post reminds me of a dream I had. I think I told you about it. It almost sounds like you. Verrrrry interesting. ;-)

2004/4/12 23:17Profile
rookie

Re:

Doug,

In another thread a brother recommended this book. I have begun to read it and it is ministering to me, maybe it will to you as well.

http://benisrael.org/OnlineBooks/truefellowship/contents.true_fellowship.htm

In Christ
Jeff

2004/4/13 11:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy