SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Great things

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Great things

"And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest." - Jeremiah 45:5

[i]...seekest thou great things for thyself?[/i]

[b][color=660033]Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. [/color][/b]

2007/5/21 18:04Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Great things

REPLY to:
Brother Chris may I add:

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

So if a person Doesn’t know any poor people they are hanging out in the wrong places.

Eddie

2007/5/21 20:41Profile

Re: Great things

rowdy2 said

Quote:
if a person Doesn’t know any poor people they are hanging out in the wrong places.

Or, if a person is not willing to [i][b]become[/i][/b] [u]poor for Christ's sake[/u], they are staking their acceptability with God on the wrong criteria.

2007/5/22 6:31
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Becoming poor

Dorcas wrote

Or, if a person is not willing to become poor for Christ's sake, they are staking their acceptability with God on the wrong criteria.

Agreed and don’t it make you wonder why every one is taking up money.

And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things and they derided him. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men but God knoweth your hearts for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Eddie

2007/5/22 7:50Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Thanks to both of you :)

EDIT: I thought of this message that I heard recently, and thought that it might fit well here...

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=14438&commentView=itemComments]The Dream of the Kingdom[/url]

2007/5/22 15:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy