SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do all catholics go to hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Valroz

Do all catholics go to hell?

“Come Holy Spirit and renew the face of the earth.”

I’m a Catholic by faith and by deeds, I wish to bring to mind to all of those in these forum discussing whether ‘a Roman Catholic Christian could ever enter Heaven’. My point is not in proving whether a catholic can enter heaven but to contemplate about oneself whether “I” can go to heaven. Jesus has asked us not to look for a speck of saw dust in your brother’s eye, but asked us to remove a plank from our own eye. The very fact that this discussion is about is trying to look for a sawdust in our brothers eyes which Christ does not like a bit and that you would all agree to this. The need of the hour is to manifest the LOVE of CHRIST through our faith, actions, writings and the words we speak. For the greater glory of GOD let us not fight within our self on who is right and who is wrong but ‘FOR THE SAKE OF THE LOVE OF CHRIST’ unite our self in brotherhood and toil hard in taking gospel to the nations where JESUS’ name is never reached.

I earnestly plead to all of you in this forum to stop wasting your precious time arguing on who is going to hell and use this time in building the BODY OF CHRIST.

Valroz

2007/5/19 7:38Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Do all catholics go to hell?

Hello Valroz, have you listend to this ?

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16907&forum=35

may God open our ears and eyes

2007/5/19 7:44Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: Do all catholics go to hell?

Valroz my friend,

We on this forum are not looking sawdust in our brother's eyes - we are following the example and words of Jesus.

Let me give you some examples from the Bible that show Jesus and His disciples discussing who and who won't go to heaven:

Luke 13:3
3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Matthew 25:31-34
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[c] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44 “Then they also will answer Him,[d] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 10:25-27
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

There are many more examples, but I believe these are enough to show that what we are discussing is a very Biblical thing to discuss.

Furthermore:

Jude 23
...but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire

To pull someone out of the fire, you have to first know that they are perishing.

And:

1 Peter 3:14-16
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear

We must know what we believe if we are to defend it.

Does this adequately explain why we discuss things such as, "Do Catholics go to Hell"?

2007/5/19 9:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy