SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Musicians Scheduled to Play At Blasphemous "Bruce Almighty" Sequel Premiere

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Christian Musicians Scheduled to Play At Blasphemous "Bruce Almighty" Sequel Premiere

Four Contemporary Christian and "crossover" bands are scheduled to play at the premier to the sequel to the blasphemous Bruce Almighty movie.

The sequel, Evan Almighty, is based loosely on the biblical Noah and depicts a congressman who is charged by God with building an ark. The Hollywood comedy makes a mockery of the fear of God.

Bruce Almighty, which starred Jim Carrey, was about a man who was given divine powers after he cursed God for the difficulties in his life. The movie was filled profanity and sexual innuendos, as well as the main character "living together" with his girlfriend.

The groups that are playing at the movie's premier on June 11 are [b]Switchfoot, Relient K, Jeremy Camp, and DecembeRadio.[/b]

The gross worldliness of Contemporary Christian Music is growing worse and worse by the hour, is evident on every hand for those who have an eye to see and a heart a care.

I was a long time listener of Christian Rock... and then I became very cautious about which one's I listened to as I matured in the Lord. Sad to say, the list is getting smaller and smaller everyday. There is a real problem in the Christian Music [b]Indu$try[/b].

Krispy

2007/5/18 7:04
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: Christian Musicians Scheduled to Play At Blasphemous "Bruce Almighty" S

Wow, I'm shocked. I knew the Christian rock bands were low...but that low?

2007/5/18 8:34Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

must we call them Christians ?!?

2007/5/18 8:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
I knew the Christian rock bands were low...but that low?

Well, lets not throw a blanket over all Christian bands. There are some that are very sincere and not given to all the garbage that seems to have invaded the "industry" ... however, they are very much in the minority.

Krispy

2007/5/18 9:01
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

"Christian" contemporary bands and groups are more and more "sacrificing to the LORD on the ALTARS OF BAAL" Just like Israel did in the OT several times...

NOT GOOD!!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o

Lord, have mercey... For Your Son's sake, who deserves these souls...

God bless,

-nathan

2007/5/18 9:31Profile
theopenlife

Re:

We all are familiar with symantic gospels, such as Mormonism and JW's, which use many of the same terms as biblical Christianity, though quite differently.

It has come into my thoughts much lately and with deep sorrow and fear for their sakes, that perhaps many of these groups and even leaders in the 'mainstream' church are believers in an even more similar symantic system?

If I could sum it up, there is a belief in one God who sent His Son to die for essentially good but mistaken men. They believe people go to hell primarily for rejecting this God's son, not because of sins already commited regardless of the gospel. People who don't hear the gospel will be judged by "good works" and might be saved. They believe the Son died to hide all future sins from the sight of the Father and that commiting sins is an option for believers. If someone forsakes sin, it is for the optional "deeper life".

None of that sounds like the true Gospel of a Holy God, or of people who long to practice godliness in this life, but the former is essentially what I was taught in bible college.

God help us. Thank You for saving me, Jesus. Thank you for John 17.

2007/5/18 13:05Profile

Re:

Uhmmm... this is relevent to this thread becuuuuuz.... ?

Krispy

2007/5/18 13:23
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Wow, this just stinks.

2007/5/18 13:44Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Well, lets not throw a blanket over all Christian bands. There are some that are very sincere and not given to all the garbage that seems to have invaded the "industry" ... however, they are very much in the minority.

This is a very fair and truthful statement. Not all Christian bands deserve to be grouped together. But I am with Krispy - the list of contemporary Christian artists I can endorse with a clean conscience seems to get slimmer and slimmer as years go by. I [i]want[/i] to endorse these bands, and I am often vexed because I just cannot allow myself to do so. For the most part, the groups Krispy listed that have aligned their names with this blasphemous piece of Hollywood entertainment are ones that are supremely popular on the Christian radio stations and can be heard at just about anytime coming through the overhead in Christian bookstores.

2007/5/18 13:46Profile

Re: Christian Musicians Scheduled to Play At Blasphemous "Bruce Almighty" S

I don't know this might be off the beaten path but when I first got saved (1979), I went to Memorial Hall in Dayton, OH for a Southern Gospel Jubilee get together. Though the singing was good, intermission and afterwards was a horrible experience. (I'm talking the Kingsmen, the Hinsons, everyone who was anyone in Southern Gospel music was there... 10 or more groups.)

These groups might have behaved differently elsewhere but this night I saw such greed in the lobby. They were leaning on their tables, standing on their tables trying to out yell the group next to them, "5 albums for $50.00." "Come over here young lady, we got a deal for you!"

Being just 18 and newly saved, it was horrible just walking through the lobby going to the girl's room. I never went back to one of those Southern Gospel things. Do I listen to Southern Gospel today, sometimes! When I'm in the mood. I mostly listen to the sermons I download!! LOL I do! I drive my kids nuts, they are like, "Oh, mom please, can we listen to the radio?" LOL

But anyway, my point was that all have something detracting from it or them and there style of music. I cannot judge Switchfoot's motives for playing at that movie. Just a what if... What if God told them to and here we are judging them? I cannot say, but it's a thought.

Maybe this is too general, but I believe God is going to judge our hearts not the kind of music we played... contemporary christian music verus whatever.

That's just Lisa's two or five cents worth!!
God bless...

2007/5/18 13:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy