Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Global Day of Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Global Day of Prayer

What do you think about this? A South African businessman started this "global day of prayer" a few years ago, and now it has gained astonishing momentum. It takes place on May 27th, Pentecost Sunday (as they call it). Churches in most nations participate, many denominations are pulling together on it, as well as the Roman Catholics...

Last year's event was touted as the "the largest prayer meeting in the history of the world."

===
edit - videos to youtube and other sites are prohibted on sermonindex.net due to vulgar and questionable content.
===

But anyway, what do you think about this? More canned stuff? Ecumenical agenda?

My own feelings? I don't doubt many many sincere sheep of God's pasture are involved in this. But the day of great deception Jesus prophesied would come is upon us! Keep your heads up, people of God.

AD

2007/5/17 22:50Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Global Day of Prayer

...I had provided a link for a "promo" video on Global Day of Prayer being shown on youtube, but I guess it's been edited out.

AD

2007/5/17 23:21Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I have many question about this..
I did the 24/7 prayer tent
I see the same thing, that happening with global day of prayer as with 24/7 prayer
Makeing it whoever wants to come, come and pray.
People would come, praying. But I am not sure God heard all the prayers that were made. Frist some were not saved, and says he dosn't listen to unsaved. It seems they don't care who comes to pray, just come and pray. I don't think it is right to co-work with darkness, what does light have to do with the dark? Light shins in darkness, but not work with it. Darkness can't help light. It is wrong to tell those who come and pray and God will bless you. Why do we pray? We pray because we are broken for our nation. we pray because God is not getting honor. Is this why people are coming to pray, to be blessed? When I was in the prayer tent people came and went. When it was over people went back to their lives. now they said that people would help people after? I have never done anything with the global day of prayer until this year. There is a pastor from Africa coming to Tucson to speak for global day of prayer. I am to pray for him as he speaks. But he is with pray quake you can look and tell me what you think.

I think that they are bosting in the number of people who came to pray. But what about those who truly came to know the Lord? what is being preached at these events? please I would like to know what people think about this event. How could God ues it? what good could come it ?
How could it be hurtful?

In his love
charlene

2007/5/18 2:11Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

There are a couple of things that trouble me about this.

One, this is part of the ecumenical agenda, part of the false unity that is coming into being in the denominational churches these days. (To make no mention of the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches being involved.) But even among the Protestant/fundamentalist/pentecostal/charismaticdenominations they are fabricating a "unity" in which you can continue to maintain your denominational differences and identity (things that have torn and divided the Body of Christ for hundreds of years) ...and yet can come together under a great ecumenical umbrella. And this is supposed to be pleasing to God? Christians are assuming that this kind of unity meets God's expectation "that they all may be one." It does not. Yet many genuine sheep of God's pasture all over the world are involved in this. Where is their discernment? Why have their shepherds not taught them discernment? Their shepherds have failed them.

The second thing is that young people are being encouraged, as part of this global day of prayer, to go find the highest point of their city and meet there, and "do something creative for God." I'm hearing this emphasis on "being creative" more and more these days. But where in Scripture am I told to be inventive, be creative, do my own thing, to please God?

The Son of God did not do this. When the Devil tempted Him in the wilderness to be creative, and turn the stones into bread, He recognized it as a temptation, and resisted it. The rule of HIS life was, "The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He seeth the Father do" (Jn 5.19). Yet the leadership are teaching the young to get out there and come up with their own good ideas, and find some "creative" way to worship and please God.

This is disturbing. If you can find a way to watch the promo video for the Global Day of Prayer on Youtube, you'll see on the Canadian Venue young people dancing reggae (I think that's what it was) as "their creative way" to worship God!

More and more you are broken up for the things taking place in God's heritage. Woe unto us for these things! God has an issue with the shepherds these days, for not teaching His people discernment!

AD

2007/5/18 10:26Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

false unity, I think this is very true!!

But even among the Protestant/fundamentalist/pentecostal/charismaticdenominations they are fabricating a "unity" in which you can continue to maintain your denominational differences and identity (things that have torn and divided the Body of Christ for hundreds of years)

maybe there's a reason these were divided?

I don't think we can go to God and worship hpw ever we want, can we?
in his love
charlene

2007/5/18 15:10Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I saw the the video, I have seen this kind of danceing at an event before. when I frist came to know the Lord and at the time I thought it was cool, but now I see it can't honor God.
I do think that there is dance that can honor God. I took dance for two years, and with much prayer, God said there is a wrong and right way. That is in the SPirit and in the flesh. If someone is dancing after we want to saw it moved you to worship God. Not that it could hinder you.

there is a Church uganda ( Christain Life Church In Kampala. They said it grew from 7 people to 2,000 in two weeks and it say's to day it has 40,000 members. and it has planted 600 Churchs. of differnt denominations. Maybe this is God's mighty work?

If we look at Church history our forfather were very careful when they allowed someone to be a member. So how did they check that all 40,00 are really saved? and who is helping them in their walk now?

This man who is the pastor is the one who is speaking for the Gobal day of prayer.
there three verse is based on 2 chorn 7:14
: if my poeple humble themselves...
and John 17:21 Be one as he is one
John 13:35
if my disicples, if you love one other.

These are very good verse. But I worried, because it dosn't talk about Christ at all
The death, the cross, our sins. What are they repenting from?

In his love
cahrlene

2007/5/19 18:31Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Yes, I know there is such a thing as "dancing in the Spirit." I've seen a little of it, and it is something done spontaneously in the anointing. Can't be learned, can't be practised.

...As to the church in Uganda, I don't know anything about it. But I do know God is meeting the hunger of His people in many "third world" countries, as they are called.

And it seems many of them are quite involved in this Global Day of Prayer.

As I said earlier, I have no doubt many genuine sheep of God's pasture are involved in this thing. They need to be taught discernment, and I believe God is going to teach them.

We see much mixture of good and bad, real and false, flesh and Spirit, anointing and anti-anointing... in the churches of our day. All over the world.

God will not leave things in this state forever. A great purifying is at hand. God will bring an end to the day of "mixture." The tares will be separataed from the wheat. The good fish will be brought together in vessels, and the bad fish thrown away.

This purifying is a great work of God we are in the beginnings of. He will complete His work. "Then shall the righteous shine as the sun in the kingdom of their Father." (Mt. 13.43).

So if some have a little more discernment, a little more light, than others, let us walk in our pathway with fear and trembling, and with grace. The only security against deception for any of us is not in trusting in our knowledge, but in a close, intimate walk with Him who is Himself the Light.

AD

2007/5/19 20:40Profile

Re:

This was on [url=http://www.heraldofhiscoming.com/other/home.htm]Herald Of His Coming's website[/url]:

Ten Days of Constant Prayer – May 17-26
Global Day of Prayer – May 27

"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea"
– Habakkuk 2:14

Day 1 – Thursday, May 17:
Seeking THE KINGDOM OF GOD
For the transforming power of Christ’s kingdom

"...and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God. Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, ‘Which,’ He said, ‘you heard of from Me...’" – Acts 1:3-4

For the Glory of Christ:

• For the hearts of God’s people to blaze with love and loyal obedience to Jesus as King and Lord of all.
• For the goodness and glory of Christ’s kingly love to be experienced by many throughout whole cities.
• For Christ to gather and instruct His people from the Scriptures concerning the hope of His life-giving kingdom.

For the Blessing of the Nations:

• For Christ to bring believers to dwell in cities where breakthroughs of blessing have not yet occurred. Pray that they would patiently pursue the promised blessing of Christ’s kingdom in difficult places.
• That the power of Christ’s love would bring lasting transformation throughout entire communities.

Day 2 – Friday, May 18:
Increasing in UNITED PRAYER
For sustained movements of united prayer

"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer..."
– Acts 1:14

For the Glory of Christ:

• That God would unite us in prayer with "one mind," (Acts 1:14, 2:46, 4:24), empowering us to pray passionately together for Christ’s glory in all the world.
• That God would hear and answer the prayers of the poor, the young and the marginalized and would be glorified by their praises.

• That God’s Spirit would inspire and empower believers to pray specific blessings upon their neighbors and friends.
• That people throughout our communities would be moved to call out to God for His help as never before.
• That the leaders of our community would ask God for His wisdom and hope.

Day 3 – Saturday, May 19:
Being filled with THE HOLY SPIRIT
For God to pour out His Spirit upon all

"‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out My Spirit on all people...’"
– Acts 2:17

For the Glory of Christ:

• For the Church to be filled afresh with God’s Spirit, empowered as Christ’s witnessing servants in the world.
• For the Spirit of God to reveal Jesus to those buried in spiritual darkness.

• That God would pour out His Spirit upon every person alive on the earth.
• That the Spirit of God would awaken the nations to hear His voice and to see His works (Acts 2:33).
• For many to be stirred by Spirit-given dreams to envision Jesus alive and at work in their lives.

Day 4 – Sunday, May 20:
Turning to God in REPENTANCE
For many to turn from sin to new life in Christ

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord"
– Acts 3:19

For the Glory of Christ:

• For Christ to encounter people with His forgiving love, so that millions turn from their sin to the joy of following Him.
• That the Spirit of God would help many to recognize how they have grieved God and openly confess their sin.
• That the Word of the cross of Christ would break the grip of sin’s power so that many will find hope for their sins to "be wiped out" (Acts 3:19).

• That God would bless His people by helping them be the first to turn "from their wicked ways" (Acts 3:26) so that massive movements of repentance would sweep through whole communities.
• That these movements of repentance would bring "times of refreshing" (Acts 3:19) so that men, women and children would experience the presence of God.

Day 5 – Monday, May 21:
Pursuing THE PEACE OF CHRIST
For relationships to be transformed

"Everyone was filled with awe...All the believers were together...Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need...They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people..."
– Acts 2:43-47

For the Glory of Christ:

• That God would release outbreaks of Christ’s peace all over the world through the changed lives of His people.
• That reconciliation among churches would remove divisions and hostilities, marking relationships among Christians with love, joy, unity and gladness of heart. For Christ to move so powerfully and clearly that His people, as well as the onlooking world, are "filled with awe" (2:43).

• For God’s people to turn away from greed and worldly desires and become more generous than ever.
• For God to intervene in wars, restraining spiritual forces of evil, subduing terrorism, and protecting the lives of those afflicted.
• For God to use Christians to help lift people from the oppression of extreme poverty. It is estimated that a billion people struggle to survive on less than one dollar a day.

Day 6 – Tuesday, May 22:
Empowering THE COMING GENERATION
For God’s purpose for families and children

"For the promise is for you and your children..."
– Acts 2:39

For the Glory of Christ:

• For Christ to strengthen marriages and homes.
• For young people to follow Christ early in life, serving Him with a lifetime of extreme devotion.
• That young leaders would be recognized and released to help churches (Acts 6:3-7).

• That Christians would boldly show the love of God’s family to orphans, widows, the defenseless, and the homeless.
• For Christians to extend God’s fatherly love to millions of children orphaned by wars and the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
• For God to empower the coming generation to fulfill His promises throughout the earth.

Day 7 – Wednesday, May 23:
Resounding THE CALL OF GOD
For the nations to hear the voice of God

"...and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself"
– Acts 2:39

For the Glory of Christ:

• For the Word of God to be proclaimed to people of every language, tribe and nation (Acts 1:8, 2:5).
• That the world would hear of the "mighty deeds of God" in the words of their own language and the ways of their own culture (Acts 2:11).
• For Christ to be followed in every people, especially among the thousands of unreached people groups who still lack vital, growing, multiplying churches.

• For the Bible to be translated for the 2,500 people groups without even one verse in their language.
• That the Bible, published in diverse media, would become available to people everywhere.
• That God would call many to Himself (Acts 2:39) who would call on Him to be saved (Acts 2:21).

Day 8 – Thursday, May 24:
Suffering with power for THE GLORY OF JESUS
For the faithful courage of His people

"...rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name"
– Acts 5:41

For the Glory of Christ:

•That those who face opposition because they serve Christ will respond with the gentle, courageous character of Jesus (Acts 4:13).
• For Christians who suffer for Christ’s name to be strong in joy and faith.
• For God to glorify Himself by His great deeds in places where He is rejected (Acts 4:21).

• For our leaders and governments to be blessed.
• That government leaders who oppose Christ (Acts 4:25-27) would be blessed with wisdom so as not to be found "fighting against God" (Acts 5:39).

Day 9 – Friday, May 25:
Bringing THE HEALING OF CHRIST
For Christ to bring substantial healing

"Stretch out Your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of Your Holy Servant Jesus"
– Acts 4:30

For the Glory of Christ:

• That communities would see the hand of Christ extended, bringing miraculous healing among the sick (Acts 5:14-16).
• That the name of Jesus would be declared with signs and wonders in the presence of many (Acts 3:16).

• For the end of HIV/AIDS in our generation.
• For Christians to act with wisdom, compassion and persistence to eradicate diseases.
• For Christians to engage in providing basic health care to the needy. Thousands of children die daily worldwide from preventable diseases.
• For God’s people to work wisely, trusting God to work powerfully, in order to bring healing to the land.

Pentecost Sunday, May 27
A Global Day of Prayer

Day 10 – Saturday, May 26:
Extending THE BLESSING OF CHRIST
For promised blessing among all peoples

"He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed"
– Acts 3:25

For the Glory of Christ:

• For Christians to live in expectancy that the ancient promise of blessing would soon be fulfilled, bringing transformation to their communities and countries.
• That Jesus, Abraham’s greatest descendant, would be seen for all He really is among all peoples.
• For churches to work together as one family in Jesus’ name, co-working with God to change lives, cities, and nations.

• For the righteousness and justice of God to affect the ways of commerce and politics, cleansing whole societies from the curse of corruption.
• For the peace of Christ’s kingdom to influence the way cities and nations are governed.
• For the joy of Christ’s kingdom to erupt in celebrations of grateful praise amidst every people group on earth.

2007/5/19 20:59
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Roniya
thanks it is a good wedsite.
In his love
charlene

2007/5/19 22:03Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Concerning Roniya's posting:

That is certainly a very comprehensive and detailed agenda they have laid out.

AD

2007/5/19 23:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy