SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Harvest Crusade 07???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Harvest Crusade 07???

I live outside of Raleigh NC and the RBC center will be hosting a harvest crusade in mid June; I am not well aware of the ongoings at such an event.
It sounds a little worldly & from what I have seen on the web I don't think we will be hearing from:
Psalm 5:5 thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
or
7:7 11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
-______________

Just wanted to get a few SI opinions

2007/5/14 17:05Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Harvest Crusade 07???

I live in England and have never heard of the RBC center.

What is it all about?

You said the crusade sounds a little lovely, from what you have seen on the web.

I haven't yet seen the website. Do you have the details for the site?

After I have viewed it for myself, perhaps then I can comment on the crusade.

Thanks.

God bless.

2007/5/15 1:46Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Sorry, I was in a hurry and may have sounded a bit cynical, but I was wondering if anyone had prior knowledge to this ministry and the outreach event.

2007/5/15 8:20Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Crusade

2007/5/15 8:22Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Nile and I were just looking at this because he lives in Raleigh too. We watched a clip from a previous crusade or something of that sort. From what we gather you are right. There is nothing different about this than any other conference....
We've been searching for a church to go to Sunday and we pretty much rule out all the churches that are promoting it.
Here's the video promo. http://www.harvest.org/crusades/2007/raleigh/index.php/188.html

[Edit: I hope I'm not being too cynical either... I tend to get that way with these things. I mean I don't know, I guess as teenager I'm sick of all these conferences that are supposedly relevant to my generation... all the flashy lights and expensive promos and loud crazy music puts people in bondage to the world while pretending to set them free.]

2007/6/14 10:53Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Quote:

HopePurifies wrote:
Nile and I were just looking at this because he lives in Raleigh too. We watched a clip from a previous crusade or something of that sort. From what we gather you are right. There is nothing different about this than any other conference....
We've been searching for a church to go to Sunday and we pretty much rule out all the churches that are promoting it.

& I am guessing after this event is over, your church search will only get harder,
_

The Revival Conference 07' sounds to be in sharp contrast to the HC.
(I look forward to the web cast & praise God for the saints that refuse to compromise)

((& after a little research I think I have an answer to the post))

2007/6/14 11:31Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Greg Laurie is really no different than Billy Graham. Laurie is actually a member of the board of the BGEA(Billy Graham Evangelistic Association).

2007/6/14 12:12Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Quote:
I am guessing after this event is over, your church search will only get harder.

Personal experience: I "accepted Christ" when I was eleven years old while listening to a Harvest Crusade on the radio. They mailed me a free "believers growth packet" and I devoured the New Testament, "plugged in" to a local off shoot of Harvest. I even went to a bible college that is under the same umbrella of leadership.

But...

It wasn't until 10 years after I first "accepted Christ" that I ever comprehended repentance as something more than penitence, faith as supernatural and not mere assent, or holiness as being more than progressive morality. I can only say that it seemed very humanistic in presentation and, though I heard a lot of "good news", I didn't hear anything that set me free from the power of sin NOW, or made me even want total cleansing.

I am, however, grateful that they freely sent me a New Testament (albeit a wacky translation in certain ways). God used those first words and their ministry to hold me from worse sins until He broke my heart last year with, you guessed it, Paul Washer and Ravenhill sermons!

2007/6/14 13:08Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

theopenlife;
Thanks for sharing your experience,

(I apologize for my tone; I can never exactly get the right words out typing / posting to these forums)

I podcasted a few of his sermons to get a feel for the ministry & he is very knowledgeable with scripture, but it does seem to me, a little unbalanced. & I know God can work through all sorts of circumstances but, after having a first hand look at the crusade do you think it would be something to introduce to an unregenerate individual?

2007/6/14 13:55Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

I have not expressed myself in a right manner and should give this pastor more respect;
The Lord rebuked my heart yesterday,
I felt that my initial question was Ok, but the my spirit turned south on this issue,
-sorry to all-

2007/6/15 10:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy