SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Advice for situation with friend

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Hope,

Have you considered attending the Revival Conference SI is planning for this fall to be held at Canton, OH? Have you considered going? From what Greg Gordan has posted on this site, I would expect it to be an edifying time...and I would guess there would be youth there you could feel very comfortable to fellowship with which could be a source of encouragement. Why not give it some prayful attention? We hope to go but will not know until the time comes closer.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/5/12 16:46Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

I think I'll be in school on those days. Otherwise I'd be there in a heart beat.

2007/5/12 19:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hello again sister,

There is this one word that keeps coming to mind reading your questions ...

'Perhaps'

At some point coming to this may be an answer to many of these things. It could mean a smile and a shrug at their reasonings, even a capitulating to, 'yes, the Lord seems to be leading me through things in a different way'. It's disarming and honest. I think we can fail a lot in trying to explain everything rather than to turn the attention back to Jesus. The more we die right out to ourselves and our concerns, the second guessing and ... approval of men (friends, realitives, aquaintancces, et al) in a true sense, not lack of concern and not overlording, seeing ourselves in a competetion of sorts, the better off we are, the better to allow the Lord to be seen. It is truly remarkable the things we find we can withstand and even 'put up with' and not be moved... Recall Leonard Ravenhill speaking about Paul,

Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

[i]"Paul didn't say that none of these things hurt me, but that none of these things [b]moved[/b] me"[/i]

What I may be also trying to say is that all this isn't that simplistic, easy. Far from having a particular angle on all this, it was just recently that I found myself quite upset over being patronized, mocked ...

Think you have a very healthy attitude sister. There is some real good insight here from the saints.

2007/5/13 1:13Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thanks crsschk, I think you have very good points. I've been helped by talking about this situation here on the forum with other brethren. After praying and thinking about it a lot, I think I do need to confront my friend one more time. But it isn't so much anymore about how she made me feel, that was what it was about when I originally posted this and was originally thinking about this. I've come to realize that the problem is that she is offended by what I'm saying and doing. So I need to try very hard I think to show her God's work in my life, reassure her that I'm not judging her or her family, and just do all I can to put her at ease. I think if this doesn't work, then I will have to consider what ginnyrose said. But love hopes all things eh? I'm going to believe that good will come of this.
I think she and I also need to shift our conversation back to the person of Jesus Christ again. We seem to navigate away from that a lot to just talk about theology or just about how to live, and thats when we get in trouble.
Thank you so much everyone for the help! This community is such a blessing :-D.

2007/5/13 13:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy