Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Language of Laughter

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Language of Laughter

Language of Laughter

Crystal, our five-year-old daughter, recently met an Amish girl her age. Within a few minutes they were off, hand-in-hand, to play. I caught glimpses of them chattering and giggling. Even though Sylvia, the Amish girl, spoke only a Pennsylvania Dutch dialect, she and Crystal got along well.

Later I asked Crystal, "Could you understand anything Sylvia said to you?"

"No," she replied.

"But you played so nicely together. How?"

"Oh, Mommy, we understood each other's giggles."

—Bonnie Hellum Brechill, Chambersburg, Pa. "Kids of the Kingdom," Christian Reader.

Maybe we should study each other’s giggles.
A great lesson for all Christians! ”for of such is the kingdom of God.”

Mark 10:13-16
And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. [14] But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. [15] Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. [16] And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

Understanding and receiving His Kingdom is as simple as a little child. Why do we make it so difficult?

Here is a giggle for each and every one of you.
:-) :-D ;-) 8-) :-P

In His Love

pastorfrin

2007/5/10 18:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Language of Laughter

Ah, laughter...reminds me of my preacher-grandfather: he loved to laugh and taught his offspring its value as well. To have the ability to laugh at your own foibles will do much to ease the potential tension that could arise. Yes, children have much to teach us in this regard. The time when laughter is so very hurtful is when it is done in a mocking way, where sport is made of others.

When I read Isaiah I get the feeling God has a sense of humor. The word pictures Isaiah uses to make a point leave me feeling like God is sitting back and watching me to see if I cannot see the absurdity of what he is saying and when I do, he is pleased.

Enjoyed the story, Pastor,

ginnyrose

2007/5/10 19:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy