SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : N.Websters dictionary 1828 edition

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

N.Websters dictionary 1828 edition

i´m just wondering if its worth the buy? do anyone own it? i figured since English is my secondary language this would be a edifying tool for me when i sometimes have a hard time with the old KJV English. What say ye?

Gods peace

Christian

2007/5/10 15:04Profile

Re: N.Websters dictionary 1828 edition

We have it and it is a great dictionary. It probably would be very helpful for you in looking up words used in the KJV.

I recommend it. :-)

2007/5/10 15:12
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
i´m just wondering if its worth the buy? do anyone own it? i figured since English is my secondary language this would be a edifying tool for me when i sometimes have a hard time with the old KJV English. What say ye?

This is a MUST have in my estimation of its worth. I have a larger facimile version of the original 1828 and have been using it for years. It works very well with the KJV bible and alot of the descriptions have biblical references and examples. I believe this dictionary was made on the decent of the english language and it still retains much of the value and worth of the language. The volume is available for $50 below:

[b]Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828 Edition[/b]
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=9803X&netp_id=161056&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

2007/5/10 15:22Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes thats the one i ordered, a bit higher pricetag to order it to Sweden, but when thinking what i used to spend money on this becomes a good buy i believe, you know you "Americans" have very very cheap books? i meen that, they are quite cheap here to...but i look around at your prices.... and comparing them here, and should we compare to other countries.... in America you can get a smaller theological study quite cheap!

2007/5/10 15:32Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

It's a wonderful dictionary and it's also available for free in E-sword, which is a wonderful add-in. It's interesting to see how the definition of words has changed...

2007/5/11 15:08Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Woah, e-sword is really neat! :-D

2007/5/12 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy