Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : role of a mother

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coolcap2007

role of a mother

this is more for a single mother but i know i can also apply to a married mother...but my friend lives with only her mother and her mother likes to date a guy who is not christian and that man likes to order her around and my friend says he can be rude to her...her mother is like a kid and doesnt take much serious and when my friend tells her mother she doesnt like the boyfriend her mother says "well i do" in a kid way like its funny and she can have fun with whoever she wants...now i know its deeper than that and shes missing much more for the whole mother role as god intended. for example she always has non christian friends over to her house and shes basically making her daugthers life miserable. my friend told me she has had no childhood. my whole reason for this is that sunday is mothers day and they want me to give a 5 minute speech. i know that may not be long but i want to share the role of a mother to my church within that 5 minute speech, i might try making it a few minutes longer. but if i could give a scripture or 2 and then explain about things that would show mothers how they should be as god intended

2007/5/10 14:08Profile

Re: role of a mother

Hi Coolcap

Prayed about a scripture for you and was given a rather unusual one for Mothers' Day, Isaiah 51

1 Listen to me, you who pursue justice,
who seek the LORD;
Look to the rock from which you were hewn,
to the pit from which you were quarried;
2 Look to Abraham, your father,
and [i][b]to Sarah, who gave you birth[/b][/i];
When he was but one I called him,
I blessed him and made him many.
3 Yes, the LORD shall comfort Zion
and have pity on all her ruins;
Her deserts he shall make like Eden,
her wasteland like the garden of the LORD;
Joy and gladness shall be found in her,
thanksgiving and the sound of song.
(NASB translation)

Sarah made many mistakes but she was a true mother of faith, because in the end, (with many struggles) she believed God, with Abraham, her husband.

She also came from a dysfunctional family; though the problem wasn't an absent father but two mothers in rivalry!

Sarah's story is in Genesis 16 onwards, as you probably know. If the Lord so leads, maybe you could briefly tell Sarah's story and how she became the "mother of faith"?

In the Isaiah passage there's also a word about comfort, blessing and restoration.

Is your friend going to be at the service? Could her mother be persuaded to come? Her mother seems to be seeking fulfillment and love in the wrong places, like the woman at the well (John 4). Let's pray that Jesus will meet her at her "empty well" , and challenge and transform her life with His living water!

Let us know how it goes.

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/5/10 15:41

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy