SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Hidden Purpose ~ Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

God's Hidden Purpose ~ Chambers

[b]God's Hidden Purpose[/b]

[i]Mark 6:42-52[/i]

There was no point of rest for the natural minds of the the disciples as to what Jesus was after - it was the deep, the dark, and the dreadful. Our Lord's purpose was that they should see Him walking on the sea. We have an idea that God is leading us to a certain goal, a desired haven; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. "For I know the plans that I am planning for you, saith the Lord, plans of welfare, and not of calamity, to give you end and expectation" (Jeremiah 29:11). What men call the process, God calls the end. If you can stay in the midst of the turmoil unperplexed and calm because you see Jesus, that is God's purpose in your life; not that you may be able to say "I have done this and that and now it's all right." God's purpose for you is that you depend upon Him and His power now; that you see Him walking on the waves-no shore in sight, no success, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because you see Him.

-Oswald Chambers, [i]Still Higher For His Highest[/i]

2007/5/9 16:23
Tears_of_joy

Re: God's Hidden Purpose ~ Chambers

[i][b]What men call the process, God calls the end.[/b] If you can stay in the midst of the turmoil unperplexed and calm [b]because you see Jesus,[/b] that is God's purpose in your life; not that you may be able to say "I have done this and that and now it's all right." God's purpose for you is that you depend upon Him and His power now; that you see Him walking on the waves-no shore in sight, no success, just the absolute certainty that [b]it is all right because you see Him.[/b][/i]

2007/5/10 0:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy