SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : BobLarson.org

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

BobLarson.org

Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on this ministry?

2007/5/8 9:42Profile

Re: BobLarson.org

Bob Larson's multiple divorces and remarriage should be enough to warn people away from his "ministry".

His financial dealings have continually come under scrutiny over the years. He wrote a fictional book called "Abadon" about a decade ago (which I read just after getting saved), and he took credit as the author... but it turned out that he lied, and a "ghost writer" actually wrote the book.

Then there is his sensationalism. I will not sit here and judge whether or not he as actually ever performed exorcisms... maybe he has. I dont know. But his videos and his ministry seems to be more on the level of Jerry Springer, or Maury Povitch. I just dont think that the God of the Bible gets a lot of glory in what I see going on in Bob Larson's meetings.

God does not need us to put on a big sensational show to demonstrate that He is God. The wind thru the trees is enough.

Many people are awed by Larson's ministry, and believe he is casting out demons. Again... I dont know... but a lot of people believe Benny Hinn is healing people by the thousands. Only difference is, it's easy to document whether a healing has taken place... kinda hard to proove an exorcism has taken place. So there is no way to show if Larson is really doing anything more than putting on a show for "experience seekers".

I think Bob Larson does more to get people interested in the occult than he does delivering people from it.

I would stay away from him. I would especially warn against watching his videos, or TV programs. I think it raises a curiosity in believers that should not be there. The Bible tells us to not even look on such things.

Krispy

2007/5/8 10:43
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Bob Larson's multiple divorces and remarriage should be enough to warn people away from his "ministry".

His financial dealings have continually come under scrutiny over the years. He wrote a fictional book called "Abadon" about a decade ago (which I read just after getting saved), and he took credit as the author... but it turned out that he lied, and a "ghost writer" actually wrote the book.

Then there is his sensationalism. I will not sit here and judge whether or not he as actually ever performed exorcisms... maybe he has. I dont know. But his videos and his ministry seems to be more on the level of Jerry Springer, or Maury Povitch. I just dont think that the God of the Bible gets a lot of glory in what I see going on in Bob Larson's meetings.

God does not need us to put on a big sensational show to demonstrate that He is God. The wind thru the trees is enough.

Many people are awed by Larson's ministry, and believe he is casting out demons. Again... I dont know... but a lot of people believe Benny Hinn is healing people by the thousands. Only difference is, it's easy to document whether a healing has taken place... kinda hard to proove an exorcism has taken place. So there is no way to show if Larson is really doing anything more than putting on a show for "experience seekers".

I think Bob Larson does more to get people interested in the occult than he does delivering people from it.

I would stay away from him. I would especially warn against watching his videos, or TV programs. I think it raises a curiosity in believers that should not be there. The Bible tells us to not even look on such things.

Krispy

Amen to the above. Have nothing to do with this ministry. The Jesus I know does not display the demon-possessed (nor His power to deliver them) before unsanctified eyes.

AD

2007/5/8 14:31Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I agree with Krispy. I have never seen anything that he preached that even resembled New Testament Christianity. Wild tales of the supernatural and public displays of spiritual "power" resemble the displays of the anti-Christ rather than the humble and compassionate displays of our Lord.

A wise word:
Approach with wise caution if you choose to approach at all.

:-)

2007/5/8 14:51Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:

I don't know anything about Bob Larson, but I think this touches on a key point. Even if a ministry is operating in genuine God [b]given[/b] power, it doesn't automatically 'sanctify' the ministry. God's gifts are without repentance - even Lucifer can still use his God given capacity of appearing as an angel of light.

It's not enough to determine whether or not the power is God's, we also need to be sure that it is being used according to God's purpose and will. If the heart of those ministering is obviously wrong, it is dangerous.

When God's power was demonstrated through faithful servants in Acts, it brought thousands of lives to Christ, not thousands of dollars to the servant.

PassingThru

2007/5/8 15:18Profile
Isaiah64

Re:

Just to add to what's already been said,
from an article Bob Larson's website, [i]Vatican Report[/i]:

Quote:
"That moment bridged a gap of centuries. Five hundred years ago I would not have been standing in the Vatican and a priest might have called for my death as a heretic. But this day in December, 2005, was a day of reconciliation and embracing on common ground–the belief in waging spiritual war through exorcism, deliverance, and healing...

...This meeting opened the door to building bridges with the one billion-strong Catholic community. I believe in the Last Days before the return of Jesus Christ that all those who believe in spiritual warfare need to join together as a worldwide spiritual army, regardless of our theological differences. That’s why this breakthrough was such an answer to prayer.
I have always expressed my appreciation for the way the Catholic Church has maintained the tradition of exorcism. Even the late Pope John Paul II performed at least three known exorcisms, one in St. Peter’s Cathedral in Rome. While many Protestants have shied away from embracing deliverance through exorcism, Catholics have kept the practice alive."

Nuff said.

2007/5/8 15:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

From my understanding, Bob Larson believes that Christians can be demon possessed. And so far as I have seen, most of the folks that come to him to get delivered are folks professing to be born again and even Spirit-filled believers. I don't know a ton about him personally, but have met a number of people that were very hard-core about him. So, what I understand about him is primarily from indirect sources, save a few times I have seen him on TV. He was on Dr. Phil recently.

I recommend staying far away from him.

2007/5/8 16:33Profile
repentcanada

Re:

thank you much brethren.

the reason I asked is I went to a church two nights ago, that a lawyer I contacted, goes to. I was blind-sided I will tell you that. they were saying that every sickness and disease is a demon! I was pretty tired from working all day so i was falling asleep alittle bit, but was shocked by the things I heard. the night ended with me bowing out early and they told me to go to boblarson.org, etc.

2007/5/9 8:31Profile

Re:

I think you would be better off staying home and watching the Stanley Cup playoffs than going back to the church...

Krispy

2007/5/9 8:34
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: BobLarson.org

Did you google Bob Larson? The info there is strange enough to curl your hair!
While one should be cautious is accepting whatever is on the web, there has been enough reported in magazines of good repute to make these reports credible.

Yes, if nothing else it should serve as a warning to us all to be extremely careful who we listen to, who we send our money to. Actually, I first became aware of Bob Larson many years ago when he wrote a book about rock music. The info in there was so bad I did not keep it in our library. In fact, I am not sure where it is...maybe I threw it away!

ginnyrose

2007/5/9 22:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy