SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Isn't Jesus wonderful!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Isn't Jesus wonderful!

Quote:
Lets have a thread about Jesus, lets talk about Him, and may it cause our hearts to be warmed with love for Him.

Here's something from 2000+ Bible Illustrations that may warm your heart...
An artist can paint the physical hands and feet of our Lord, but he cannot paint the healing power of those hands and the godly walk of those feet. He can paint the outward suffering, but not the inward cause; the cursed tree, but not the curse of the law; the bearing of the cross, but not the bearing of the sins of His people; the cup of vinegar, but not the cup of wrath-the derision of His enemies and the forsaking of the Father.
Where is the artist who can paint one hand of Christ nailed to the cross and the other hand claiming an inheritance of believers?
Or who can paint our Lord bruising the serpent's head, conquering sin, death and the grave?
The artist can only portray blood and water flowing from Christ's side, but he cannot paint what the eye of faith sees in that blood: salvation and pardon.

2007/5/9 11:06Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

InTheLight, thats a powerful quote, thanks.

I hope to hear more talk of Jesus, i think we as Christians can be very guilty of spending our time together disscussing doctrinal issues and this and that, but when do we just come together and say, 'can we talk about Jesus?'

2007/5/9 11:56Profile

Re:

Jesus is the key to revival.

2007/5/9 13:04
Talkn2u

Those "simple" songs just as the "Simple Sunday School Stories from the Bible" will forever remain anything but simple...The song "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" is one that wells out of my spirit and puts me in Clear Focus and presents such Peace, each time.

Jesus? Oh Jesus, Precious Lord and Life to my soul....

Where would one begin???
Other than to say: Without HIM I would be nothing; With Him, I can do All Things that He asks of Me. Because of Him, I have the breath and the Life, to Present Him to everyone I encounter...so they too can be set Free to Worship Him.

Psalm 95:6
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker

Great subject matter Here4Him...because He is the One Subject that Really Matters in all of life.

Talkn2u

2007/5/11 13:36Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love; our God is an awesome God!

2007/5/11 13:44Profile

I had been meditating on the story of the woman with the alabaster box...how she broke the box, so none of the ointment would remain, but all of it would be poured out on Jesus. And I began longing to pour out all of my life on Him. I can be so selfish, especially with my time. I say that I want all of Jesus, but I have all of Jesus. What is lacking is that He doesn't always have all of me. Oh that I might be poured out on Him as a fragrant offering. He is worthy of no less.

Dani

2007/5/11 20:08
Here4Him

England

Re:

Dani said:

Quote:
I had been meditating on the story of the woman with the alabaster box...how she broke the box, so none of the ointment would remain, but all of it would be poured out on Jesus. And I began longing to pour out all of my life on Him. I can be so selfish, especially with my time. I say that I want all of Jesus, but I have all of Jesus. What is lacking is that He doesn't always have all of me. Oh that I might be poured out on Him as a fragrant offering. He is worthy of no less.

Amen! This is a wonderful desire, only God oculd have put that in you. I have have the same desire, Oh to be completely His, to be completely given up to the lover of our souls! What keeps me back?

Immortal honors rest on Jesus’ head;
My God, my portion, and my Living Bread;
In Him I live, upon Him cast my care;
He saves from death, destruction, and despair.

He is my Refuge in each deep distress;
The Lord my strength and glorious righteousness;
Through floods and flames He leads me safely on,
And daily makes His sovereign goodness known.

My every need He richly will supply;
Nor will His mercy ever let me die;
In Him there dwells a treasure all divine,
And matchless grace has made that treasure mine.

O that my soul could love and praise Him more,
His beauties trace, His majesty adore;
Live near His heart, upon His bosom lean;
Obey His voice, and all His will esteem.

2007/5/12 12:11Profile

Re:

Here4Him, thank you so much for starting this thread. I find myself drawn back to it over and over....

John 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."

As I read this verse I began to think "this is my eternal occupation - beholding His glory". How awesome is that??? But then I discovered that the verb beholding is in the present tense. Does it thrill anyone else to realize that we can behold His glory NOW?? And my heart cries - OH Lord Jesus!!! Open my eyes to see Your glory, that I may behold You and know You as You truly are - the majestic and glorious King.

Dani

2007/5/12 12:37
Here4Him

England

Re:

Dani said:

Quote:
Does it thrill anyone else to realize that we can behold His glory NOW?? And my heart cries - OH Lord Jesus!!! Open my eyes to see Your glory, that I may behold You and know You as You truly are - the majestic and glorious King.

Amen! If this is available to us now, it must be that there are hindrances in our lives that prevent us from beholding more of His glory now. When we get rid of anything that hinders us i believe we will see have a greater capacity to enjoy Christ. A simpler life, a focused life is a life that the old saints lived that enabled them to enjoy Christ more than most of us do. We must remove these hindrances therefore. Oh help us God.

2007/5/12 12:48Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Tremendous insight there...to realize that hinderances could be what keeps us from beholding His Glory...

Total surrender is absolutely vital; yet seldom seen in lives today.

We are missing out sooo much, by holding on to things rather than handing them over to Him, wholly.

He IS Wonderful...and NOTHING should interfere with our pursuit of His Face!!!!

2007/5/12 22:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy