SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : what bibletranslation to get?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

what bibletranslation to get?

id like to say this first because of what i have seen become of other threads on similar subjects, that we think of eternity before writing replies and opinions.

now me as a foreigner, see there are many translations in English, i have a KJV that i read from other then my first language. With this i use the Strong's concordance and the MH commentary, for deeper study. Now i do know a little but not so much about the different translations, except that they are from different "strings" ??? of manuscripts, i also know there are many different opinions about them, but what i do want to know what are "good" about these translations and what are "less good" about them, and what manuscripts they came from and how of a accurate translation it is.

i have heard good things about these translations

KJV

NKJV

ESV

NASB

and

moffats bible

what id like to know is, im going to buy another version from the KJV, what version would most likely benefit me to study from along with the KJV?and why do you believe so? the reason i have the KJV is we don't have one singular version in Swedish from the same manuscripts as the kjv,and I'm beginning to see there are some differences to great to be overlooked, missing verses and other important things
this is an hard question to answer i think because this is highly personal, but i hope you understand what I'm getting at when my English fall short of expressing everything in a better way

i was thinking of getting the ESV or the Nasb or Nkjv :-) what do you all recommend and why...

God bless you all

Christian

2007/5/8 5:59Profile

Re: what bibletranslation to get?

The Textus Receptus or The Received Text is the only manuscript that is trustworthy. Krispy Kritter can offer so much more info on this subject, I am sure he'll put in his offering.

However, the bibles that are translated from the Textus Receptus is the KJV, Tyndales New Testament, and the Geneva Bible with the Reformers notes.

My recommendation would be the Geneva Bible, and you can check it out here:
[url=https://www.tollelegepress.com/store/product.php?productid=58]Geneva Bible[/url]

2007/5/8 6:56
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: what bible translation to get?

i just read some articles on bible translations, its all.... whats the word I'm looking fore...

i don't know, but i don't know if all Ive read is true, everyone seems to "defend" their own views on the matter, but my own conclusion is KJV is the one to prefer...

2007/5/8 10:41Profile

Re:

KJV brutha...

Krispy

2007/5/8 10:48
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
KJV brutha...

Krispy

im working my way thgough the thread 'Call me King James Only! But only if....'

quite a lot to read ....

2007/5/8 11:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
i was thinking of getting the ESV or the Nasb or Nkjv what do you all recommend and why...

Brother,

I primarily use the KJV translation of the bible, but I do use the NIV paraphrase at times. They are based of different manuscripts and the NIV is not a literal translation but rather paraphrase. But God blesses and uses this method for me to glean things that I pass by on the KJV.

2007/5/8 11:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
'Call me King James Only! But only if....'

That was a [b]great[/b] thread. I recommend that one to anyone who has questions about translations.

Krispy

2007/5/8 11:20
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: what bibletranslation to get?

NIV is great for studying the bible, although I personally prefer the NASB. I've recently gotten a few copies of the KJV and am currently reading it for the first time... some of the poetry of the bible is lost on the NIV and NASB.

2007/5/8 11:37Profile
grace_2008

Georgia

Re:

I prefer the King James 1611. It's the earliest translation that was ordered by King James himself. It's one of the first translations from the Hebrew Old Testament and Greek New Testament into English.
I have taken two languages in school and I know from experience that when you translate something from one language to another, you lose some of the real meaning and wording every time. It's almost impossible to translate something from one language to another and get the exact same accurate meaning and wording in anything. The earliest translation you can get into English is probably the best. It contains more of the actual meaning of the original Word of God.
You can go to www.usa-bibles.com and they will send you a free KJV Bible if you don't have one. Also, www.thekjvstore.com is a good internet website where they sell items that are only from the KJV 1611. They sell Bibles and a variety of good Christian stuff.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjvdefns.htm
This website leads you to a better explanation of why to use the KJV.

P.S. I'm not trying to advertise, just trying to help someone out. LOL!
:-P :-P

2007/5/8 11:37Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i do own a kjv, i mostly use this one for study and so on, I'm happy with it. I do understand almost everything, its some old words but i just look in my own language and get the meaning or "crack" the dictionary's to look it up. But the thing I'm looking for is closer to what Greg said

Quote:

But God blesses and uses this method for me to glean things that I pass by on the KJV.

2007/5/8 12:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy