Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Ministry Finances: Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

Christian Ministry Finances: Zac Poonen

This is a clear, concise word that is desperately needed!

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/finances.php

2007/5/7 0:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Christian Ministry Finances: Zac Poonen

Quote:
This is a clear, concise word that is desperately needed!

Amen after reading this awhile back I was quite convicted to seek God's best and most excellent way that the Apostle Paul gave example to. I am accountable for everything that has happened on sermonindex including any monies or gifts that have come in. Thank God also for the refining process of trusting in an all sufficient God that provides our needs!

2007/5/7 0:27Profile
repentcanada

Re: Christian Ministry Finances: Zac Poonen

I THINK THESE SAYINGS ARE TOO HARD FOR MANY!

2007/5/8 9:41Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

http://www.wmausa.org/98600.ihtml

Here's an entire ministry that is dedicated to creating awareness of the dangers that money creates with overseas missions. Definitely along the same lines as this page.

2007/5/8 12:10Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
A genuine work of God may use money, but it is never dependent on money. It is dependent only on the power of the Holy Spirit. Where any work is dependent on money, it is not a genuine work of God.

Considering the availability of eager donors in the west, this is a remarkably lucid commitment to remain a man for God and not a man for men. Some of us must learn through heart piercing tragedy, but praise God, through His patience, we do learn. Preachers are not the only culprits...many laypeople desirous to purchase forgiveness or favors from God have neglected their familes security and provision.

If the preacher builds his church by leveraging the approval of men, either through public appeals of barefaced covetness, or hiding a secret dependence, he is nullified for God. Even the most sincere and earnest man of God can be ensnared with only a little habit of worry.

As Chambers once said, our peace and rest from the perplexities of our circumstances will be found only by conferring with Jesus, because He alone is never perplexed. A ministry that has the peace of God will not...can not saddle worldy debt and harmful pressure onto a congregation.

MC

2007/5/8 13:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A genuine work of God may use money, but it is never dependent on money. It is dependent only on the power of the Holy Spirit. Where any work is dependent on money, it is not a genuine work of God.

Jesus' ministry was dependent only on the Holy Spirit. He did accept gifts of money from His followers for His work (Luke 8:2, 3). But He never asked anyone at any time for money and He never made His financial needs known to anyone but His Father. This is the way that any ministry that honours God will work even today.

Jesus was the first physical "Body of Christ" on earth. Today we in the church are called the spiritual "Body of Christ". And so we seek to follow the example that Jesus Himself set for us in the matter of finances, during His earthly life.

And so, in the more than three decades that we have existed as a church (since 1975), we have never asked anyone for money for our needs and we have never sent out any prayer-letters hinting about our needs either. We have never taken an offering in our church in Bangalore or in any of the many churches the Lord has planted through us in India and abroad. We only place an offering-box at our church-meetings, for those who wish to give - secretly, cheerfully and voluntarily - for the work of the Lord. We have also offered food and accommodation freely always to all who attend our annual three-day conferences in different parts of India. All the elders in our churches support themselves with earthly jobs (like the apostle Paul did) and none of them is supported financially by the churches. Our books and video and audio messages on the Internet are also offered freely for anyone in the world to download and circulate to others freely. We have received everything freely from the Lord and we give it all out to others freely.

All of this ministry certainly requires a lot of money - and we don't have any millionaires supporting our work in any of our churches. India may be a poor country, but we have sought the kingdom of God first - and God has supplied ALL our needs always. Therefore, we have never been in debt at any time since we commenced our ministry. We have never taken a bank loan or a mortgage for constructing any of our meeting halls. We do not judge other ministries who do things differently from us. But this is the way God has led us. We have sought to follow the example of Jesus Himself - the first "Body of Christ" on earth.

And so when people ask us whether they can give to support this ministry, we ask them to go through this checklist first:

1. Are you a born-again child of God? It is a great honour and privilege to support the work of God on earth; but that privilege is given only to His born-again children (3 John 7).

2. Do you have enough money for your family's needs? Are you sure that your giving will not put your family under any financial strain? You must take care of your family's needs first (1 Tim.5:8). Our Father in heaven is very rich and He (like any rich earthly father) does not want any of His children to starve or suffer in any way, just because they gave Him money for His work.

3. Do you have any large debts to repay? If so, do clear those debts first. God wants His children to live restful lives, free from all debt. We must first give to Caesar what is his, before we can give anything to God, because God does not want us to give Him Caesar's money, or anyone else's money (Matt.22:21; Rom.13:8).

4. Do you have a clear conscience? Have you done your best to be reconciled with those whom you have hurt in any way? God will not accept any offering from anyone who has hurt someone and still not apologised to that person (Matt.5:23, 24)

5. Are you giving freely and cheerfully - and not under pressure from any man or even from your own conscience? God loves cheerful givers, not reluctant givers. He does not want gifts from those who give under pressure, or who give in order to fulfill some obligation, or who give merely to ease their conscience, or who give in order to get some reward from Him in return (2 Cor.9:7).

Please bear with us as you go through this checklist. There is a lot of greed and begging for money among Christian ministries these days. And we are totally different from them. We want to follow Jesus' pattern alone in our finances.

2007/5/8 13:06Profile
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

Blessings everyone. This is my 1st post. I came across this website by someone sharing the "Revival Hymn".In no way this is just something that just happened for the Lord has changed my heart to seek after HIM-truth.

The Lord led me to this topic. As He has been teaching me about being faithful steward with the money He has placed in our hands. I have a question....

Is it biblical to save money? Please forgive my ignorance in this issue. As I am only trying to learn.

Thank you for your patience.
consecrateme.

2007/5/9 13:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy