SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

question....

I have a brother who i sometimes meet for prayer, and now this man asked me to come along to pray for a man who they suspect have problems with a spirit/demon.And this person have asked for prayer.

Now since i know nothing of this other man or his problems and that i consider my self quite new in the faith, and also i have no idea why he asked me except another older brother said he wanted me to follow with them, i said i would pray about it and give my answer later, they have talked with this man and he is a friend of one of these men for 30 years back. Now what hinders me i don't know exactly. Maybe because i have no experience in this kind of praying, and i guess i wont get any if i don't start...im just hesitating for some reason, another thing is i feel well cant really say no to pray for someone? i do long to See God moving and working. I know i myself can do nothing...only Jesus, but should i go??? what do you say?

thankful for advice and scriptures....

Christian

2007/5/5 13:40Profile
PassingThru

Re: question....

Not to mix two threads, but I think Derek Prince's material on the topic is excellent.

PassingThru

2007/5/5 14:18Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

thanks, ill check em out...

2007/5/5 14:29Profile

Quote:
I know i myself can do nothing...only Jesus, but should i go??? what do you say?

You said you consider yourself new to the faith. And you sound a little worried. If your discerning something's amiss, you don't need to go. If it really is how your brother says it is, you're still under the Grace of God, and you don't need to go.

Double-check everything with scripture.

I'm fairly new to the faith as well. My heart goes out to you.

2007/5/5 15:19

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
I have a brother who i sometimes meet for prayer, and now this man asked me to come along to pray for a man who they suspect have problems with a spirit/demon.And this person have asked for prayer.

Now since i know nothing of this other man or his problems and that i consider my self quite new in the faith, and also i have no idea why he asked me except another older brother said he wanted me to follow with them, i said i would pray about it and give my answer later, they have talked with this man and he is a friend of one of these men for 30 years back. Now what hinders me i don't know exactly. Maybe because i have no experience in this kind of praying, and i guess i wont get any if i don't start...im just hesitating for some reason, another thing is i feel well cant really say no to pray for someone? i do long to See God moving and working. I know i myself can do nothing...only Jesus, but should i go??? what do you say?

thankful for advice and scriptures....

Christian

Hi Christian.

First I think that it's good that you have no confidence in yourself over this, because it means that if you go you won't be tempted to pride, and God will get the glory.

Second there could be maybe three reasons why you feel uneasy:

1. You are supposed to go, but are battling fear or lack of confidence because of your inexperience. The scripture for that is Judges 8:20. Gideon told his eldest son to kill the enemy chieftans he had captured; but the boy was afraid to do it because he was a youth.

2. The Lord is warning you not to go. The scripture for that is Acts 16:7. Paul and his friends were seeking to continue on their missionery journey but the Spirit would not allow them to go to certain places. They had to wait for guidance for where He wanted them to go next.

3. Satan is trying to hinder you from going, because he knows the person is going to be set free when you and your friends pray, and you are going to learn some wonderful lessons through this. A scripture is 1Thessalonians 2:18. Paul wanted to visit them but Satan hindered. Except he can only hinder if the Lord allows him to hinder! There's no reason you should give in to this kind of enemy opposition trying to stop a soul from being set free - especially if he has actually asked for prayer.

Can I ask two questions...

Have you ever seen demonic manifestations; if so, how did you react or feel about it?

Have you asked the person who invited you to pray [i]why[/i] he feels you are the one to ask? Has the LORD told him you are the one for the job? If so then you have no more excuses!

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/5/5 16:21

Re:

Jeanette offers some good advice. It's always the will of God that whatever we set our hand to do He will prosper it(the ways of righeousness that is), however at times the LORD will direct otherwise. You may be ready to cast out a devil, but the LORD may intervene and give you a different approach. His ways are not our ways and He never does the same thing exactly twice, it's always different. I would go as a praying participant and observing what is going on and not to be hasty about anything unless called upon.

As Jeannette said:

Quote:
Have you asked the person who invited you to pray why he feels you are the one to ask? Has the LORD told him you are the one for the job? If so then you have no more excuses!

2007/5/5 18:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy