SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what about driving in a car with a guy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Humbled

Netherlands

Re:

Thank you for your exhortation Here4Him,

I will take it to heart very much. the reason my name is humbled is indeed baecause i thought i stood and i did fall, same area...

I'm sorry if I come across as if we need not to be carefull or to abstain from evil, i absolutely do not want to promote flirtations of any kind.

If anyone else thinks my previous message promotes wickedness or carelessness, this was not my intention.

i simply wanted to say that we can have a healthy normal relationship with people of the opposite sex. Not by our own strength, then we will certainly fall..

I hope my begin statement was clear:
So if you feel this way about being with someone of the opposite sex or have problems with being alone with another gender or think it gives cause for a saint to stumble or might dishonor the name of Jesus, than do not spend time alone together.

I seriously pray my post does'nt stumble anyone.. I only wanted to edify

"humbled" (again)

2007/5/2 16:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
It should be noted that Joseph and Mary went on several "long" trips together, ALONE, before they were married. Such trips would have required sleeping in a tent on the road side, or finding an ancient "hotel" along the way.

Which trips? When they traveled to Bethlehem they were husband and wife. They hadnt yet consumated it yet, but they were in a little different circumstance considering she was pregnant with God's Son.

The trip to Bethlehem was the first trip they took that I am aware of... and they were married.

Mat 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife

This was right after the angel revealed her "state" to him.

Luk 2:4-5 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; because (he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his [b]espoused wife[/b], being great with child.

Many think that word means engaged, as a fiance, yet you and I both know that in that culture, they were legally bound to each other... they were married.

"espoused"
1. to make one's own; adopt or embrace, as a cause.
2. to marry.
3. to give (a woman) in marriage.

The trips you're referring to happened [b]after[/b] they were married. There is no doubt about this.

If you know anything about their culture in those times, they never would have been "alone" in the sense that we think of it today. She would have been considered "loose" if she put herself in that situation.

Krispy

2007/5/2 16:56
Humbled

Netherlands

Re:

Krispy,

I'm sorry..

I quess I need to learn a lot about posting on forums and "listening" to what I read.

2007/5/2 17:00Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Well said Krispy, thank you for clearing that up.

Humbled, arent you glad that God gives grace to the humble?

Lets stay humble and realise we could fall again, so we must cling to Christ and be be ever so watchful.

2007/5/2 17:01Profile

Re:

Humbled... concerning you turning my words on their head... I think my response was too strong. I was trying to be humorous, while making a point. Sorry about that.

Dont worry... I dont bite. I'm glad you're hear! :-)

Please continue to contribute. You'll get the hand of it.

Krispy

2007/5/2 17:04

Re:

This hasn't been brought up yet so I thought I would share it.

For those who haven't listened to this three part series on dating by Paul Washer I highly recommend it: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13918&commentView=itemComments]Dating[/url]

He addresses this issue quite strongly in his message on [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=14249&commentView=itemComments]Moral Purity[/url] I believe.

--
Just want to say I'm thankful for the wise counsel of some of the older saints here...Krispy, Ginnyrose, Here4Him, PaulWest, Enid, and the list goes on. You all have been around a lot longer than us younger ones and I'm grateful for you sharing your wisdom about these issues of life.

:-)

~Joy

2007/5/2 17:09
Here4Him

England

Re:

Roniya said:

Quote:
Just want to say I'm thankful for the wise counsel of some of the older saints here...Krispy, Ginnyrose, Here4Him, PaulWest, Enid, and the list goes on. You all have been around a lot longer than us younger ones and I'm grateful for you sharing your wisdom about these issues of life.

Joy, don't lump me in with our beloved 'older saints' on sermonindex- I'm only 23!!! :-)

2007/5/2 17:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

Here4Him wrote:

Joy, don't lump me in with our beloved 'older saints' on sermonindex- I'm only 23!!! :-)

Oops! I'm sorry...somehow I was under that impression, don't ask me how!
Well, you are a year older than me so I guess you're still in the category of 'older'. :-P

2007/5/2 17:16
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I can't believe what I am hearing, i think it incredibly foolish to try to justify a Christian going on 'long trips' with a member of the opposite sex by refering to the example of Mary and Joseph.

And Mary and Joseph are bad examples of righteous behavior?

Quote:

Why would you want to do such a think KingJimmy? are you mad?

Who said I wanted to do such a thing? My fiance and I have had a very overwhelming schedule of late, and have had little chance to really have time alone and talk and just enjoy each other's company. I was thinking of taking her to the coast to spend a day out there, but decided not to do such once I realized just how long the trip was, and such would have required an overnight stay somewhere. So, I decided it was not such a great idea.

2007/5/2 17:19Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Roniya said:

Quote:
Oops! I'm sorry...somehow I was under that impression, don't ask me how!
Well, you are a year older than me so I guess you're still in the category of 'older'.

Don't worry Joy, I am honoured to have been included in such esteemed company!!! ;-)

2007/5/2 17:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy