SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : revelations shows jesus is not god?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coolcap2007

revelations shows jesus is not god?

i heard a debate between a muslim and christian and there were various arguments about how jesus was not god...
why does jesus talk about "my god" and such...if jesus is back in his glorifying essence of being god why does he show he is not back in his full glory by still calling his father god....another question that stuck out that i can not exactly remember corectly is something about when god says i am the alpha and omega who was and is to come and then he says and jesus christ...the muslim was saying that there is a dinstinguish between god and then jesus christ...but it did seem like revelation shows alot about jesus and god being different

2007/5/1 18:55Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re: revelations shows jesus is not god?

reread Rev. 1. All of the "quotes" are spoken by Jesus Christ the Lord. He says, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, which is and which was and which is to come, the Almighty." There it is, plain and simple. There are hundreds of scriptures proving undoubtedly that Christ is God, YHWH. Worry not, 2000 years of orthodoxy and plain scripture reading has it right, not muslims or the cults ;-)

2007/5/1 22:42Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

I tried to find this difficulty in revelation and was unable to locate exactly what the problem is. However, I'd like to share a small example that may help. There is a real sense in which I and my wife are one. This reality is put forth in scripture. However in another reality, we are still two separate people. John 1 says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." How can the Word (Jesus) be with God and be with God? Well, there are two realities here. In one sense, the Son and the Father are one. In another sense, they are separate. Hope that helps a little.

2007/5/1 22:46Profile
davidt

Some of these debates are tough to wrestle through. I recommend you take it to prayer and the word for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, and the false doctrines like these from this Muslim are doctrines of demons. I too have had many a contact with cults and false religions. It is not easy but as you grow in the word it abides in you and you become strong. The Father calls Jesus God in Hebrews too "Your throne o God". There is mystery in the seperation of person in the Triunity. I could say much more...

2007/5/2 2:09Profile

coolcap, please consider the following scripture:

"Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, A'-man; and have the keys of hell and of death." (REV 1:17-18)

Muslims believe in one god, Allah, who created the universe and all things in it. They don't consider Jesus as Allah's son, nor do they believe He died on the Cross and was resurrected - they mistakenly believe He was taken down while still alive... got married... had children...

And I guarantee that if this Muslim you're talking about said the "alpha and omega" in Revelation was Allah, and not Jesus, he will also have to explain how Allah died and yet lives... like it says right there in that scripture I quoted. And if he dares to say Allah died at some point... the Mullahs (Islamic leaders) would declare a fatwah (Islamic bounty) on his head.

It's Jesus. He died and yet lives. He is Alpha and Omega. He was there at the beginning and he'll be there at the end.

2007/5/2 7:19

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy