SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Denominations In Heaven!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Actually, 'trustworthy Catholics' and 'untrustworthy Protestants' are both lost.

They will both perish for all eternity.

Nothing in scripture tells us to worship Mary. It is a blasphemy against our God and Creator.

And there is in scripture against the worship of mammon and any false god.

You can't serve God and mammon.

Concerning 'chances'.

The only chance any of us have to our credit, if you want to put it that way, is the blood of the Lamb.

God bless.

2007/5/2 9:06Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Enid

Quote:

Nothing in scripture tells us to worship Mary. It is a blasphemy against our God and Creator.

And there is in scripture against the worship of mammon and any false god.

The point I wanted to make was we often overlook the deliberate idolatry amongst Protestants when criticizing the well meaning idolatry of Catholics.

Quote:
The only chance any of us have to our credit, if you want to put it that way, is the blood of the Lamb.

I think it is possible for a Catholic to accept the blood of the Lamb be saved, even if they do erroneously pray to Mary. If it weren't so, our own unconscious sins would disqualify us from from heaven as well, not to mention the more conscious ones.

When we rely on our finances or put our faith in some other human structure in an area of our life, aren't we doing the much the same thing? Sin is sin.

I used the word 'chances' because I was thinking of this verse, even though it isn't really appropriate since I think it is talking about various degrees of punishment in hell :-

[color=000099]Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, [b]It shall be more tolerable[/b] for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.[/color]

Only God knows where the cutoff line is and where each person really stands.

PassingThru

2007/5/2 10:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
I think it is possible for a Catholic to accept the blood of the Lamb be saved, even if they do erroneously pray to Mary.

You do not understand Catholicism.

Krispy

2007/5/2 10:09
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
... Wurmbrand witnessed Roman Catholics, Anglicans, and Orthodox priests who were martyred for refusing to deny Christ even after horrendous physical and mental torture and horrific spiritual abuse.

Evangelicals don't have the corner on Jesus.

I'm not trying to push anything, but I thought I would just post this scripture that came to mind.

1Cr 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and [b]though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.[/b]

2007/5/2 10:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Whether Protestants are idolatorus or not, does not mean that Catholics are not lost, because they are.

Anyone who fears God and has any honesty or integrity will know that Catholics are lost.

It is not up to us who goes to heaven, but we need to weigh everthing with scripture to see how it measures up.

Catholic practices violate scripture, therefore, they forefeit an eternity with God.

Concerning Sodom and Gomorrah, God rained hell on them, Gen 19v24.

And they had no Bible, churches etc.

There is a book by Leonard Ravenhill called Sodom had no Bible.

So, if they perished, and they only had Lot, then we have no excuse, none.

Catholics are lost. But with God, all things are possible. They can repent and know God given salvation.

God bless.

2007/5/2 10:59Profile

Re:

Enid & Preach... it is so refreshing to see that I am no longer one of the few voices of truth concerning the RCC on this forum. I'm glad to see that folks will speak the truth, no matter how unpopular it is.

Maybe my job here is done?? lol...

Krispy

2007/5/2 11:08
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Krispy,
Your job here is certainly not done!

As it is there are too few with backbone like yourself.

They are so compromising, man pleasing and spineless...oops, should I say that? Not nice is it?

But then, truth isn't nice.

God bless.

2007/5/2 11:35Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...!

I've always felt that most denominations were created as the result of a certain group of individuals who feel that their own particular doctrinal belief(s) deserved exclusive status enough to seperate them from all other believers (and doctrinal beliefs).

Could you imagine what would happen if all local churches allowed individual believers to hold their own interpretation of beliefs that are not clearly stated by the Word of God? Instead, we have a multitude of churches divided by even the most obscure set of beliefs.

There are some things that are completely clear from the Word of God (included in Hebrews 6:1-3). There are a lot more things that are not so clear.

My wife and I were having a Bible study the other night, and the issue of "remarriage" came up. In the course of our discussion, I told her that I am not certain what to believe. Thus, I cannot take any firm position. Yes, I believe what the Bible says in Matthew 5, Matthew 19 and I Corinthians 7 -- but the ultimate outcome is NOT completely clear. My wife was immediately astonished at my statement. She asked whether or not the Bible contains an answer about EVERYTHING in life? I told her, "[i]Yes AND no[/i]." The problem, I told her, lay in the fact that our understanding, knowledge and maturity often changes our perspective about a particular doctrine. After about 2 hours of discussion, searching and reading the same passages over and over again, my wife changed her "position" on the issue. She said that she read Matthew 19:9 over and over again until it changed her opinion in the matter. However, the first 20 times reading the verse, she held a completely different opinion!

I have friends from many different denominations. While we don't always agree on the "small things" -- we agree on that which is completely clear in the Word. If we all did the same, perhaps denominations would crumble. Who knows, perhaps all Churches would turn into what our prayer is for the Revival Conference?

:-)

2007/5/2 11:40Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
They are so compromising, man pleasing and spineless...oops, should I say that? Not nice is it?

But then, truth isn't nice.

I didn't expect my views on some under the RCC banner obtaining salvation to be pleasing to the majority on this forum, but they are currently my genuine views. What's so "compromising, man pleasing and spineless" about that?

PassingThru

2007/5/2 12:13Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:

You do not understand Catholicism.

I know their doctrine is in grave error and for that reason I haven't had any need to study it in any depth. I'm not endorsing RCC teachings & practices.

The main point I'm trying to get across, is that there is a good possibility that some people under the RCC banner will still found acceptable to the Lord.

No one really know where the heart of each Catholic really stands with the Lord, or how effective the RCC doctrine has been in polluting the heart of each individual.

PassingThru

2007/5/2 12:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy