SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Needed: Mother’s Day sermons, articles, teachings, poems etc…

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Diane,
Your article reminds me of a profound idea that still nags at me: who is raising who: The parent the child? or the child the parent? I asked our 38 YO son this question and he declared it is both. And I agree. Your story points this out so clearly. God uses affliction, trials to fashion us into his likeness, and children factor in here quite well, especially for mothers.

Thanks for sharing...

ginnyrose

2007/5/4 16:27Profile

Re: Needed: Mother’s Day sermons, articles, teachings, poems etc…

Quote:

tjservant wrote:

So…does anyone have any Mother’s Day related sermons, teachings, articles, poems etc…they would like to share?

I posted two poems on mothers by Jenny Daniel on [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15561&post_id=129383&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=129382&forum=45#129383]this thread[/url]

2007/5/4 18:12
KatieEm

Re: Needed: Mother’s Day sermons, articles, teachings, poems etc…

There is an excellent article written by Theodore Roosevelt titled "On American Motherhood". It was written in 1905 and is quite profound and well worth the read! Can anyone imagine a President giving a speech like this for Mother's Day in this day and age? It would be a scandal.
Here's a link to it.
http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trmothers1905.html
I hope this helps!
*This is my very first post*
:-)

2007/5/4 22:50Profile

Re:

Quote:

KatieEm wrote:
There is an excellent article written by Theodore Roosevelt titled "On American Motherhood". It was written in 1905 and is quite profound and well worth the read! Can anyone imagine a President giving a speech like this for Mother's Day in this day and age? It would be a scandal.
Here's a link to it.
http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trmothers1905.html
I hope this helps!
*This is my very first post*
:-)

Welcome, Katie! I am looking forward to rich Christian fellowship with you. :-)
God bless you!
~Joy

2007/5/4 22:57
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
There is an excellent article written by Theodore Roosevelt titled "On American Motherhood". It was written in 1905 and is quite profound and well worth the read! Can anyone imagine a President giving a speech like this for Mother's Day in this day and age? [b]It would be a scandal.[/b]

Hi Katie, welcome to sermonindex!

Yes, but this not would be just scandal in the world, but in the most churches today! And I don't know is this man has been born again christian.
How far has the church went from the Bible. My heart is sad. I want to see these principles today, and I believe there are here and there godly examples!

Part from the article:
Quote:
There are certain old truths which will be true as long as this world endures, and which no amount of progress can alter. One of these is the truth that the primary duty of the husband is to be the home-maker, the breadwinner for his wife and children, and that the primary duty of the woman is to be the helpmate, the housewife, and mother. The woman should have ample educational advantages; but save in exceptional cases the man must be, and she need not be, and generally ought not to be, trained for a lifelong career as the family breadwinner; and, therefore, after a certain point, the training of the two must normally be different because the duties of the two are normally different. This does not mean inequality of function, but it does mean that normally there must be dissimilarity of function. On the whole, I think the duty of the woman the more important, the more difficult, and the more honorable of the two; on the whole I respect the woman who does her duty even more than I respect the man who does his.

2007/5/4 23:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Mothers Day

Quote:
I must admit that I am not very comfortable with such holidays as mother's, father's women's days etc I cannot find any biblical support for them and most of the roots of these "days" are very suspicious.

I don't know that it is necessary to have to have biblical support directly to something not mentioned ... There are some other considerations;

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Wanted to bring this up again, being Mothers Day. Many of you know of my own mothers recently transfer from this planet and this body. Every remembrance of her is of a smile, of her smiling. It just is, it's not something that I feel needs a whole lot of explaining. My siblings are having more trouble today as it has come to my attention, an expectation of sadness.

At the moment could only ask for prayers for both my brother and sister especially and two Aunt's, my father. Am hoping to express perhaps a bit more later, planning on doing that rather strange thing of going to where she is not and praying where she lies. Not for my sake, but for theirs amongst other things. Resurrection ground it is. I find the cemetery a very peaceful and opposite ... place of contemplation. Reality is there in it's fullest force. How I wish I could better express the sheer difference there is in understanding to those I love, the difference in knowing sorrow ... differently, (1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.) But perhaps I will find that way shortly.

Please do understand something for me though. I hope and pray that all of you who have mothers living today find great rejoicing and thankfulness to God for them. Tell them! Tell them how much you love and appreciate them. Pray for them, thank God for them. For many of us we don't know the half of their sweet, silent prayers that have brought us to where we are.

It is a wonderful day dear saints for honoring those whose wombs bore you, rejoice and be glad!

2007/5/13 11:13Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Mothers Day

Quote:
It is a wonderful day dear saints for honoring those whose wombs bore you, rejoice and be glad!

:-) Amen brother :-)

2007/5/13 12:59Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
I must admit that I am not very comfortable with such holidays as mother's, father's women's days etc I cannot find any biblical support for them and most of the roots of these "days" are very suspicious.

Really??? How about the humble fifth commandment? Isn't that the point of Mother's/Father's Day, the honouring of the parent over others, for one day? Sure if it were to be enforced as a religious institution, but that is not what it is. It is merely an agreed day that children can show their appreciation for their parents in a practical way, due to the constant temptation to take them for granted.

You know you are getting old when you hear yourself say "Everyday is kids day." Was almost tempted to say so to my son, today as he complained that he was bored as we took my wife and mother out to lunch.

2007/5/13 13:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Amen brother

How did the message go?

2007/5/13 17:46Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
crsschk wrote:
There are some other considerations;

I understand what you want to say my brother, my point was something else, but I think there is no need right now for this.

Thank you very much for what you shared, I needed to hear some of those words, God bless you, and you brother Aaron.

Kire

Quote:
For many of us we don't know the half of their sweet, silent prayers that have brought us to where we are.

2007/5/13 19:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy