SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Our God is the God of George Muller!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoeGrey

South Africa

Our God is the God of George Muller!

Dear friends

It is with thankfulness toward God that I write to you. My wife and I have been in full-time service, living by faith, for one year now! And I want to testify of God's faithfulness!

I am reminded of the words of Hudson Taylor: God wants us to "...trust in HIS GREAT FAITHFULNESS." So, it is not a matter of our great faith, but of His great faithfulness.
At certain times during the last year, God has waited to supply some of our needs to the very end.

Just this week, we were basically out of money, and God came with the heavenly supplies. I believe He sometimes leaves it, to draw us closer to Himself. He loves to be trusted! Then, within 2 or 3 days, from four different people He supplied money again. We honour Him and thank Him for this.

Then, today as I sat in church I read this scripture: "I have been young, and am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, or his seed begging bread." (Psa 37:25)

I just walked up to my 5 month old son and said, "My boy, you never have to beg".
God has looked after us, and He will continue. All I have to concentrate on is keeping my life clean, holy and trusting!

Last night, I watched a film / documentary of the great George Muller. He had the orphanages and approx 10 000 orphans went through these homes. It is said that during the course of his life, he received 100 000 000 Pounds (in today's money) simply by prayer and trusting God. He never asked man for a cent.

God is real and can be trusted!!!

2007/4/29 15:48Profile
gtenigma

MD

Re: Our God is the God of George Muller!

Thank you for these encouraging words.
May our Lord continue to bless you and the ministry.

2007/4/29 19:17Profile
Tears_of_joy

Dear brother Joseph,

There are so few examples left today, be a truly blessing to many who hunger to walk by faith for God's glory!
We need living examples.

2007/4/29 20:28Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am reminded of the words of Hudson Taylor: God wants us to "...trust in HIS GREAT FAITHFULNESS."

This is a excellent testimony brother, thank you for sharing this.

2007/4/29 23:32Profile

Dear Joe,

Thank you for sharing all these thoughts and confirmations of God's call on your life, and His provision for it.

Quote:
[b]So, it is not a matter of our great faith, but of His great faithfulness.[/b]

This is a very helpful way of understanding how we can trust His word to us, regardless of earthly appearance.
Quote:
At certain times during the last year, God has waited to supply some of our needs to the very end.

That must have been very trying. I believe George Muller went through one very testing winter, but he refused to change his usual premise of thinking. I think God Himself must have put that determination in his heart.

2007/5/3 6:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy