SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : hello believers in the Way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
livingfire

Silver Spring, Maryland

hello believers in the Way

It is only by being guided by and living entirely through the Holy Spirit that we live "the life more abundant." We celebrate Easter but often relegate Pentecost to a secondary or forgotten place. It is of the utmost essence of why Jesus Christ came here to be crucified and Resurrected - to give us the Holy Spirit. He came not to save us from Hell but to save us from Self (which is, in reality, the true hell). It is only by taking on the Mind of Christ and living through the Holy Spirit that we fulfill our salvation, that we work out our salvation.

Beginning in Russian Orthodoxy I fell from the Church and became an atheist, pagan, New Ager, occultist, everything but the kitchen sink. Only to come back to Christ decades later, simmering as a "baby Christian" for years until I came to a full(er) understanding of what "Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord" really means. And I began to understand and experience the fullness of the life more abundant only when a wiser, more mature Christian mentored me in the Truth of what it is to be a Christian - to walk in the light, to lead a holy life, to strive for the perfection of Christ. God brought this person (lightwalker) to me and through her I not only began to understand the Bible but also was introduced to the final truth of Christianity through the writings of George MacDonald, William Law, and others who understood that we are to live through the Holy Spirit and that we are to OBEY God, not just mouth Scripture and proclaim that we are born again and then do nothing, relying on imputed righteousness as a cloaking device for our sins [Ecclesiastes 13].

Anyway, I wrote too much, a bit of overkill I think, and therefore will practice (at least in this introduction) what Paul preached: "The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" [2 Cor 3:6].

Thanks for having me here in this forum.

2007/4/28 12:04Profile
lightwalker

Missouri

Re: hello believers in the Way

Hey there, good to see you here! I wonder how many people we know are here in "drag" so to speak? Ha! Anyway if you get the chance read some of Lenord Ravenhills sermons. I started reading him because I remembered him as a friend of Keith Green who ministered to me as a new christian. [through his music]I think there is real meat in the teaching and discussions :-P
To build each others faith in the Lord, to grow in our knowledge of God.

2007/4/28 19:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Anyway, I wrote too much, a bit of overkill I think, and therefore will practice (at least in this introduction) what Paul preached: "The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" [2 Cor 3:6].

Great to have you on sermonindex.net May the Lord bless you and grow you in the graces that are in Jesus Christ our Lord. If you haven't yet do listen to this life-changing recording by Paris Reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt.

If you need help or have any questions about the website let me know.

2007/4/28 19:57Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Welcome livingfire

Will be checking out your insights.

Perfection to me personally is Christ Jesus doing the will of our Heavenly Father through me. It don’t get any better than that. I am a member of Christ’ body and cloaked in the Devine Blood.

[Ecclesiastes 13] ??

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation, to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. II Cor. 5: 19-20

Eddie

2007/4/29 7:10Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: hello believers in the Way

Welcome, fellow 'everything but Jesus'!

It's nice to be safe in His hands, even if we had to the long hard way to realize it.

Glad you've come along. There is much to benefit from on this site, but despite all the great archive that Greg Gordon (SermonIndex) has for us, He's also collected a lot of fine minds and good people to talk to about everything in the sermons, and everything else about God.

I literally can't stay away for more than a day here and there...too much good sermons and good people.

Enjoy,

Forrest

2007/4/29 9:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy