SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Every good and perfect gift

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Every good and perfect gift

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." -James 1:17

[i]Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above...[/i]

Today I am thankfull to God for love. Love is such a high virtue that you can be tempted to think highly of yourself if you have it for others. But then we should remember how love comes from God. That God has shared it with us, this expression of Himself. It is a pure gift to have love.

What would the world be like without love?

The highest form of love the Bible calls agape love. It is selfless, and self-giving, and always seeking what is in the best interest of others. But even the lower forms of love, like love between family members or husband and wife can be good and have their place in the world and life.

What would the world be like without love?

What would life be like if God had not given us the capacity to have, and to express, love?

What a treasure it is to have love. Rocks cannot love. Even the best of them, like polished diamonds, cannot love. They cannot love themselves for all their beauty, nor can they love others, nor can they love God their maker.

But we can love.

We can love ourselves, that is we can cherish and respect the gift of life that God has given us.

We can love others, if for no other reason than to cherish and respect the gift of life that God has given to them.

And we can love God. For He is love Himself.

Today I am thankfull to God for love.

2007/4/27 19:24Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Every good and perfect gift

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." -James 1:17....What would the world be like without love?....What would the world be like without love?....What would life be like if God had not given us the capacity to have, and to express, love?....
Today I am thankful to God for love.

ChrisJD,

Who should not be? And yet so many are not. Nor, unfortunately, are they grateful to Jesus, and His love, by which He and the Father chose to save us unto Himself.

I wish more people were looking for love in the right place, because at least with God, you find it.

So I am thankful too, for the love that saves me, and for the love that encourages me to love more.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/29 9:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy