SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The "Darth Vader" version?!?!
I know you can get the New Testament in Klingon but Darth Vader!?!?

Yeah, you can't listen to the beginning of LUKE without having flashbacks. :-P

2007/4/27 9:56Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Yeah, you can't listen to the beginning of LUKE without having flashbacks.

Yah, especially if it's dramatized.

2007/4/27 9:59Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
The "Darth Vader" version?!?!
I know you can get the New Testament in Klingon but Darth Vader!?!?....Yeah, you can't listen to the beginning of LUKE without having flashbacks.

I always knew we were a bunch of nerds at heart. :-P

Seriously, Alexander Scourby's reading is excellent; a clear deep warm voice with a stately cadence but without the catchpenny drama.

MC

2007/4/27 10:36Profile
MikeH

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
My two all time favorites are Scourby and [url=http://www.allbibles.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0529102404]Roscoe Lee Browne. [/url] There is a sample wma audio clip of about 30 seconds. I would love to have it on mp3, but so far have only found cassettes.

Hey Robert,
Download Audacity (free licence) connect your tape player output to the microphone socket on your computer and press play. You should be able to get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable from a dollar store (the're tapes, its not worth anything else) or Radioshack etc. Audacity is great for audio editing, to remove the pauses while you turn over the tape, and will give WAV (very big) or mp3 files. In about 50 hours :-) you'll have it all on mp3, and if its for personal use, you shouldn't be doing anything illegal.

Mike

2007/4/27 10:42Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I always knew we were a bunch of nerds at heart.

The really funny thing is that I'm being serious. :-P

On a serious note though it is good to listen to what ever version you prefer as often as you can to get the word of God into your heart and mind. We used to listen to word tapes about 4 hours a day at work (Scourby for one) . Some told me later that in the trying times of their lives it was the word of God that they had hid in their hearts by listenng over and over and over again that kept them strong. People who have trouble with scripture memorization will likely benefit from words tapes also. They have been a tremendous blessing to me over the years.

2007/4/27 10:45Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
In about 50 hours you'll have it all on mp3, and if its for personal use, you shouldn't be doing anything illegal.

Sounds good. Thanks Mike! Those old Cassette tapes wear out fast.

2007/4/27 10:47Profile
Logic

Re:

Love the KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby.

I agree, I like without background.

2007/4/27 11:42Profile
theopenlife

Re:

I bought the mp3 version a few days ago on Amazon.com. $17.00, no shipping or tax, all on one DVD. [url=http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bible-King-James-Version/dp/1598560751]Amazon Scourby[/url]

I'm putting it all on an [url=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX3-2048-Sansa-Player-Black/dp/B000BP8AY2/ref=sr_1_16/104-3621076-3443954?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177691831&sr=8-16]Sandisk mp3 player[/url] ($60) and - Lord willing - I'll be taking a three month walk with the Lord down the Pacific Coast.

I want so badly to have the whole word in my heart. Perhaps this will help.

2007/4/27 12:41Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: stereo cable

Reply to Mike

Mike wrote

Hey Robert,
Download Audacity (free licence) connect your tape player output to the microphone socket on your computer and press play. You should be able to get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable from a dollar store (the're tapes, its not worth anything else) or Radioshack etc. Audacity is great for audio editing, to remove the pauses while you turn over the tape, and will give WAV (very big) or mp3 files. In about 50 hours you'll have it all on mp3, and if its for personal use, you shouldn't be doing anything illegal.

Mike

Mike you can slow the speed on your computer recorder and record as you listen to audio off the net or connected to your player and save to a file. There is a limit and you will need to find how much your recorder can handle.

Eddie

2007/4/28 7:36Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I've got the Scorby reading also. I enjoy listening to it while I go to bed or just leave it on during the night. There have been times I've been 1/2 asleep and thought I was dreaming a Bible story and it turns out it was playing.

If anyone is fluent in Koine Greek I've found a place where you can download it being read. The reader is reading from "Wescott-Hort Greek New Testament, 1881." She pronounces similar to most seminaries would.

Greek (NT)- http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/gnt/home.html

2007/4/28 17:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy