SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : " The Book Of Revelation " ( finally understood )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
"Revelations" is clearly the most confusing, confounding, misinterpreted, argued over and downright Unrevealing book in the entire Bible.

I have never read "Revelations" before but if I do I will keep your opinion in mind. ;-)

2007/4/27 13:05Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Your quote

Quote:

Psalm73 wrote:
Forget the quote and throw out all scholars renditions (particually from the 20th century and today). Tyndale was a man of mighty knowledge in the scripture and he obviously let's the words of God do the talking.
Thorow Revelacion different themes and symbols are placed forth. LIke the whore that rides upon the beast and the 144,000 washed white in the bloude of the Lamb.
However, God's scripture is revealed thorow the Holy Ghost, and it's up to him for you to understand it.
There is a lot of pain to be poured out by the seven angels unto men who repentnot of their dedes. Tyndale version 1526 moderntype faithofgod.net....With love I proclaim it brethren, this is to be used to stop the mouths of all those that corrupt the picture of revalacion and make the prophets words to be already completly fulfilled.
And try the boke of Daniel, you will realize that he has already changed times and lawes.

Amen to the Lord Jesus Christ

Dear brother,

How I do love English, and Old English, and Shakespearian English!

I absolutely couldn't stop laughing it was so much fun to read! What a delight you are!

Thank you,

Forrest

2007/4/27 13:25Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

CJaKfOrEsT wrote:
Quote:

UniqueWebRev wrote:
Don't start in Revelations. Start where I did - with Hal Lindsey, The Left Behind Series (Reasonably accurate, although they never show the Devil I know, just some nasty guy with a lot of sweet talk, and good looks, and hardly any demons to help fight off the lusty, trusty, Post Trib Force!),Grant Jeffrey, Tim Le Hayes serious sudy of Revelation, his lesser study for non-serious Bible Scholars, (Still actually quite good), and all the other people with a Pre-Trib View - the others don't make sense in light of God protecting only the Remnant of the Israeli's that flee to the protected area, plainly spelled out in the Left Behind series, with suitable scriptures. I know - I've read all of them twice, and several over and over - there's some good preaching here and there after book 4 or 5. Or maybe it's 3 or 4.

Please Forrest, check out the series that Mike and I have put forward. When all you have is Lindsay and LaHaye to go by, the only controversy you see is "pre vs post" trib. However, the tribulation is only a minor issue. There is a plethora of differing interpretations of the end-time material presented in Scripture (particularly Revelation and Daniel). You may also be surprised at both the scholarship and simplicity of both Parkyns' and Pawson's work.

I find that my stance sits somewhere in between the two of them, being a kind of Premillenial Historicist of sorts (if you don't know what I mean, then you had better check out the two series to find out)8-).

I do know, you sweet thing you!

I said, throw out the trash, and read the scriptures presented!!!!!!!

But you know, the junk does give a decent overview of the 'mainline' viewpoint, if that's who they are.

I read this stuff to tear it apart!!!

But anyway, Aaron, always delighted to hear a different study of the Book of Revelation. I get a few crumbs from everywhere to store away, and think about.

Praying for you & Mike

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/27 13:33Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Oh, Aaron - what fun!

Just remember, I have to download all this at 56K - I live in the country - technicly, for California, anywhere you don't get cable, water, electricity, and gas before you build is the country.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/27 13:38Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
perusing this string on Revelations it is clear that y'all just haven't gotten the joke that God is playing on all serious Bible readers.

"Revelations" is clearly the most confusing, confounding, misinterpreted, argued over and downright Unrevealing book in the entire Bible.

God is having a big joke --a full bellylaugh-- and you haven't gotten the point yet.

bubbaguy

PS. the important point of the Bible is that Love, through the sacrifice of Christ, will endure and win in the end. why does anybody need more than this???

I know. But I love the Bible and I've got a lot of time on my hands - disabled, stuck in my house most of the time, very boring, so...I dig into the stuff, and the stuff about the stuff. And the stuff that everyone else wants me to read.

On my site, though, I just talk about Jesus, and who He is, and why He came.

A lot easier to explain, you see.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/27 13:43Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: " The Book Of Revelation " ( finally understood )

I'm curious, has anyone here looked into partial-preterism?

2007/4/27 14:34Profile
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re:

You would mock the Lorde's word, because of modern scholars. The word of God has been minished and added to in the centuries since 1526 N.T. And that those words were strong but the crudenes thereof the devil capitalized upon.
In that, often y and wt were oft present, so good scholars knew that the firstfruits of God's word needed to be cleaned and made easier for us today. I use this version because of the word being a doubleedgedswerde that's mighty in operation and never comes back into God's handes in vayne. Once again the simple faithofgod.net 1526 N.T

2 John 1:9-11-9 Whosoever transgresseth and bideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that endureth in the doctrine of Christ, hath both the father, and the son.
10 ¶ If there come any unto you and bring not this learning, him receive not to house: neither bid him God speed.
11 For he that biddeth him God speed, is part taker of his evil deeds

Does thou not knowest the learning? I mean the turn from idols, abhor wickedness, cast away fornicacion, and love not the world, neither the things in the world. Remember the beast and his image? Is not everyman iudged accordynge to works?
I John 3:11-13 ¶ For this is the tidings, that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another:
12 not as Cain which was of the wicked and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? because his own works were evil, and his brother’s good.
13 Marvel not my brethren if the world hate you

Are we better than they? No in no wise, for we have already proved both jewes and gentylls are all under sin Romans 3:9 there is none righteous no not one, they are all gone out of the way, they are all unprofitable, there is none that doeth good not one.
I speak Paul, to show you through John the doctrine of Christ, also symbolize hard thorow Revalations? Bearing witness of the law and the prophets?

Love the brethren Praise the Lord
Tarry

2007/4/27 15:07Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Forrest,

I don't think I know anything about your situation other than from a few posts I have read today. If you are willing, would you share (in a new post) what you have gone through.

I would like to know.

By the way, if you have already shared, just please direct me to that.

God Bless.

2007/4/27 15:16Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Never mind, I just noticed your website. :-)

2007/4/27 15:17Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Jay, there's not much about what happened to me, and the lover's triangle I entered into. Jesus was first, so I was safe, the evill one wanted me bad.

It's an immensely long story. For me, tribulation starte before I was out of diapers.

Do you really want to read pages and pages?

My life has been very complicated...made to order to witness about almost any subject.

I'm an extreme case of a lot of things.

You really want me to open Pandora's box? Does anyone else?

I have to write it all down still, and that's a lot of work unless people really want to read it it.

Forrest

2007/4/27 15:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy