SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : POLL: What is your denomination?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AwakeningUSA

POLL: What is your denomination?

Will believers in Jesus Christ share a public revival of one accord with over 440 disparate Christian denominations and among 400,000 unique church buildings?

Jude
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold.

18 They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."

19 These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

Are you witnessing this division Jude warns us about? It was only a few decades ago our divisions began with public school prayers followed by our public display of The Ten Commandments. Now federal courts remove crosses erected on public property. Now military chaplains are prevented from using the name of Jesus in prayer. Now court judges can not conduct prayer or recite the Pledge of Allegiance in courthouses. Even Christmas is under attack, not unlike what was done to end school prayers or the display of the Ten Commandments. And historical dating, started well over one thousand years ago, is in our time altered from A.D. and B.C. into new worldly terms of C.E. and B.C.E. These rising deceptions quash any hope for salvation for millions upon millions of souls. So as this hostility by scoffers spreads an evil “spiritual” rebellion their rebellion is set to undo and divide America’s Christian union within. Jude did warn about this coming division and Satan thrives to dissolve the very foundation of our nation’s Christian heritage.

With each passing day Christians sense this need – we need a revival in America!

Awakening US

2007/4/26 6:16Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: POLL: What is your denomination? Is Christ your foundation?

Here is another verse from the book of Jude.

vs 14, ...'Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,

vs 15, 'to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners HAVE SPOKEN AGAINST HIM.'

The world is fighting against God, not us. It is just that we carry the name of Christ and have departed from iniquity that has got the world mad at us.

We agree with the Word, not the world, hence their hatred of us.

Jesus told us not to marvel if the world hates us because it hated Him.

As for the different denominations, they are here to stay, nothing will ever change that.

Unless we end up behind bars or are persecuted for our faith.

In prison, there is no denomination.

We will have revival. Keep praying.

God bless.

2007/4/26 6:28Profile

Re: POLL: What is your denomination?

Revival will not come by prayer alone. It will come when we have the word of God in us for precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little. Prayer wasn't the only thing that those men and women who were praying for a move of God were doing, God was moving them by His word to bring them in the position to where they could receive the flowing of His holy Spirit. It is very important that we have our doctrine straight, without knowing the proper foundation of the Apostles' doctrine and Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone, a revival will only be that of flesh and not Spirit. Souls will not be brought into the right door, they will go in some other way, and thats why we have the mess that we have today. If we go thru the right door, the right results will accompany.

Pray? Most certainly. But also study to show thyself approved unto God. I have heard people say over the years that doctrine is not important. I shuddered everytime I heard it. There is a holy doctrine, and its not the doctrine of the Trinity, or the doctrine of sinless perfection, or OSAS, or original sin etc.. and the list can go on. None of these teachings have any bearing in a revival, they only hinder it.

Let us seek the face of God and allow the holy Spirit to renew our minds in the fashion of Jesus Christ.

2007/4/26 8:50
stantheman

Adelaide, Australia

Re:

well, why are we denominational people going to denominational churches instead of Christians going to denominational churches. this is partially the reason behind non-denominational chruches. ever heard of NCMI?

picture 2 Christians sitting together in the park, one says "I'm a pentecostal" the other says "I'm a baptist".
we are all part of the one and only body of Christ. we are one in Christ even though our denomination's theologies and practices arn't the same. we should not dwell on the minor issues. but dwell on the major soul-winning issues of the Gospel of the kingdom of God that we all agree on. e.g. who cares about post trib/pre trib, it's not happening at the moment. at the moment we have the assignment of getting Christ's lost bride.

2007/5/5 11:17Profile

Re:

I'm a member of the BB JIMS. Bible Believing Jesus Is My Saviour. Who's with me?

Praise God. Hallelujah.

2007/5/5 12:13
repentcanada

Re:

I have been born again, praise God

2007/5/5 12:42Profile
pastormarcy

Re:

I am Non Denominational, and I am born again.
Or as I call it
I am saved, sanctified, baptized in water and baptized in the Holy Ghost.
But as I said I am non denominational
Why because Jesus did not bring a denomination He brought us God and the doctrine of God
Yes those who are christian do have the same belief but the denominations make it a political standard (for the theologies and practices they choose) which is a tradition of man not God.
God wants unity (besides a personal father child relationship and obedience and loyality and such) and Jesus himself prayed for unity (in John chapter 17).

I have no denomination but yet I am all denominations for yes we are one body with many members...its too bad most of us are not like minded in all things...now if we all were one minded in Jesus and The Father then there would be no more denominations just as it was in the time of the Apostles.

2007/5/5 12:46Profile

Re:

Christian Anarchist.

2007/5/5 13:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy