SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Belated Apology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Sorry to divert, but I saw "Facing the Giants" the other night on DVD, and thought of Mr. Steve Krittr, our resident football coach/other-than-KJV-sacker extraordinaire. It was a powerful movie!

Krisp, as football is your thing, tournament chess is mine. I know what it's like to be enthused, but I know what it means to be overwhelmed and run the gamut into idolatry.

This is an inspirational, godly thread. My deep respect is extended to both you and Robert. Thank you.

Brother Paul

2007/4/25 9:28Profile

Re:

Paul, that means a lot coming from you especially... someone I look up to around here.

Facing the Giants is a movie everyone should see, even if you're not a football fan. I took most of my team to see it last year. My sons tell me I am a cross between the head coach and the two assistant coaches... a sense a humor mixed with intensity. Some have noticed that on this forum.

Football, to me, is full of life lessons, and in my opinion one of the best ways to develop boys into men. You teach them respect, fearlessness, teamwork, work ethic, etc. And when you mix that with scripture... God moves.

I'm just waiting for the parents to buy me a truck! LOL

I dont know how we got from Roberts apology to football, I dont want to divert away from the original post. But then, perhaps, this is a thread where we can all just talk and get away from the intensity of some of the debates. "Sharing all things" scripture says. That can be money, possessions, food... and sometimes thoughts and ideas and admiration.

I feel a group hug coming on, y'all!

Krispy

2007/4/25 10:02
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I dont know how we got from Roberts apology to football, I dont want to divert away from the original post.

Yes. A lot of times we don't know what people are going through when they come into these threads. Sometimes a good old fashioned debate can get a person out of the dumps and back on the firing line. So there are a lot of things happening on a lot of levels here more than just the discussion itself.

BTW, I saw facing the Giants also and thought it was a powerful movie.

2007/4/25 10:07Profile

Re:

My kids have about worn the DVD out. That church put out another movie called "Fly Wheel"... havent seen it yet, but the previews look pretty good. Something about a crooked car dealer who gets saved and then goes back to the people he's ripped off over the years and tries to make it right... which freaks the people out.

Anyone seen it?

Krispy

2007/4/25 10:16
BenBrockway

Re:

Yes, Facing The Giants is a powerful movie. I still have yet to see Flywheel (not to divert from the original topic...lol).

:-D

2007/4/25 11:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
My kids have about worn the DVD out. That church put out another movie called "Fly Wheel"... havent seen it yet, but the previews look pretty good. Something about a crooked car dealer who gets saved and then goes back to the people he's ripped off over the years and tries to make it right... which freaks the people out.

Anyone seen it?

Krispy

Now I feel like this is really diverting this wonderful thread which I have been very blessed to read...but, a question was asked. :)

Yes, I've seen Flywheel a couple times. It is really good. There are some in my family who like it better than Facing the Giants. It has a very powerful story-line of a very self-centered cars salesman who cheats his customers, has problems in his relationships with his wife, son, and father. The story takes a turn when his pastor prays for God to treat 'Jay' in the same way that 'Jay' treated this pastor in selling him this car. Well, he had just ripped the pastor off so he really starts thinking...and you have to watch the movie to get the ending. ;-)

Considering they only spent $20,000 in making the movie the quality is pretty good. It's not the quality that Facing the Giants has but they did pretty good with what they had to work with.

I suppose this can tie into the apology thread because 'Jay Austin' does make things right in the end of the movie; what he does parallels with Zacchaeus. :-)

2007/4/25 12:13

Re:

Quote:
a very self-centered cars salesman who cheats his customers

Nooooooo!! *gasp!* a self centered car salesman who cheats his customers?? Wow, this really must be fictional!

LOL... it's like honest politicians and charitable lawyers.

(Roniya, I'm not making fun of you... I'm making fun of car salesmen)

Krispy

2007/4/25 12:54

Re:

Zacchaeus...? You mean that wee little man? And what a wee little man was he!

Sorry y'all, it's beautiful outside and it's put me in some sort of strange mood today.

Krispy

2007/4/25 12:56

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy