SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Two girls murdered their friend because it "just felt right"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jordanamo

Two girls murdered their friend because it "just felt right"

[url=http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21607953-2,00.html]They both were only 17.[/url]

Jordan

2007/4/23 19:18Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Two girls murdered their friend because it "just felt right"

What is the reason for this post?

2007/4/23 19:24Profile
SDE

Arizona

Re:

I recently heard a sermon by Paul Washer where he illustrates human depravity by telling a similar story. That doctrine is so neglected, dare I say suppressed even, by modern evangelicalism. These news stories are useful for illustrating the truth that human beings really are morally corrupt.

2007/4/23 19:30Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
What is the reason for this post?

Ultimately: to inform. But also to collectively discuss and pray about this.

Jordan

2007/4/23 19:40Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
These news stories are useful for illustrating the truth that human beings really are morally corrupt.

We are bombarded with it on a daily basis in America. Once you've heard one jack the ripper story you've heard them all. Over 50 people are murdered in America every day.

2007/4/23 19:54Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
pray about this.

We should, as always, pray for the lost. Senseless murder makes no sense, but it happens everyday…all day long. We should all be on ours knees for this sick world. When Virginia Tech happened it was like people realized they could die all of the sudden. Like they had no idea what tragedy was. 150,000 people die everyday…we should pray continually for the lost. May God bring revival to this country!

2007/4/23 20:06Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
We are bombarded with it on a daily basis in America. Once you've heard one jack the ripper story you've heard them all. Over 50 people are murdered in America every day.

You're bombarded with evil-killer typical-type stories, etc. Not often do you hear of two 17 year old girls that decide one day to kill their "friend" in this manner and in such randomness (I can't believe they actually called her that). This is not a normal murder, and thus it is different than your typical news story you hear about a lot.

This is just outrageous though:

"As our friend, we did not really want her to suffer," one told police."

So you're point is invalid in light of this news story and the atypical nature of it in light of most murders.

Jordan

2007/4/23 20:09Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
Quote:
pray about this.

We should, as always, pray for the lost. Senseless murder makes no sense, but it happens everyday…all day long. We should all be on ours knees for this sick world. When Virginia Tech happened it was like people realized they could die all of the sudden. Like they had no idea what tragedy was. 150,000 people die everyday…we should pray continually for the lost. May God bring revival to this country!

You're trying to downgrade this. Senseless murder does not happen often. Normally there is a motive. Here, it's just to "kill someone"-- this is a very odd case. Most murders happen due to some exterior motive (i.e., greed, lust, revenge) and not due to such things as just wanting to kill someone, anyone, for the thrill of the kill itself.

The fact it happened with two 17 year old girls just makes it all the more odd.

Jordan

2007/4/23 20:13Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
You're trying to downgrade this

Why would I do that?

I guess my last job really changed me. I was an EMT (emergency medical technician) and went on all kinds of crazy calls.

Man stabbed by his brother over 50 cents.

21 year old girl found dead in her bedroom…she had her cell phone in her hand…she was text messaging her boyfriend.

6 month old…dad rolled over in bed…baby could not breath…man did not wake up in time.

Kids with their hair and teeth falling out…raised in a meth lab…Mom and Dad to high to care.

Man beaten half to death by group of 10 to 13 year olds for the fun of it (they said it was a high)

All this in a small town in southern Illinois

2007/4/23 20:22Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Normally there is a motive. Here, it's just to "kill someone"-- this is a very odd case. Most murders happen due to some exterior motive (i.e., greed, lust, revenge) and not due to such things as just wanting to kill someone, anyone, for the thrill of the kill itself.

They may not have the words to express it, or they are not aware of their motives, but there was a reason…fame…attention…the high…the list goes on. Some people say they have killed just to watch someone die. I think they had motivation…we just don’t know what it was…yet.

2007/4/23 20:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy