SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood

Eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood

If that statement offends then you are still carnal and your will is still in control and to remain in control it is telling you that you are self righteous and when your body dies you will go to heaven because of the good works that you did while you were alive. That is a lie you are already dead. You should obey God’s commandment and repent and seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. You want have to face the second death because you will have already died to the flesh and are alive eternally in the Tree Of life

Don’t be deceived Jesus came yesterday and today and will come tomorrow to all that repent and seek the kingdom of God if God has mercy on their souls because they are sons of perdition.

Jesus came the first time in a flesh body but His second coming was in a spiritual body, The Tree of Life that comprises all those that eat and drink from His Body, The Tree of Life, and they will live forever.

Romans 9:
12. It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

John 6:
50. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

1 John 4

1. Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
7. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19. We love him, because he first loved us.
20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21. And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

2007/4/23 12:33Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood

I think the important thing with this verse is to realize the true meaning of the statement. When taken literally it has a shocking effect. When understood correctly it is a wonderful picture of our communion with Christ. Certainly it would have tremendous shock value when not rightly understood so it may not be a good text to start preaching in the open air, for example.

The disciples had been with the Lord some time before He said this to them. They had been with Him long enough to know He had the words of eternal life- alone. Even if they did not understand, the foundation of their trust in Him was already there.

They knew what it [i]did not[/i] mean even if they could not articulate what it 'did' mean. And this is a good thing to consider when dealing with any difficult passage of scripture.

2007/4/23 15:59Profile

Re: Eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood

Leviticus 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

13 And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.

14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

15 And every soul that eateth that which died of itself, or that which was torn with beasts, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even: then shall he be clean.

16 But if he wash them not, nor bathe his flesh; then he shall bear his iniquity.

2007/4/23 18:01
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: The Body and the Blood

So few people take communion these days, they don't seem to consider what it is meant to be:

Jesus said, in Matthew 26:26.

[color=993300]And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.[/color]

If you go to Isaiah 53

[color=993300] 1. Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
2. For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.[/color]

This the body, that we eat, that was given for us, and all these things are redeemed for us by Jesus, and in their place, Jesus' peace was given us, Nothing Missing and Nothing Broken, peace with joy and wholeness even now, in our bodies on earth.

[color=993300]6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.[/color]

Back to Matthew:

[color=993300] 27. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.[/color]

This is the cup that we drink, that by taking it, washes us anew as we commune with Jesus, who is with us as we take communion. Drinking internally, it is yet for a cleansing of the heart, not the body, else we would bathe in it.

And this is our blessing, for by it we remember Jesus, and hence, He remembers us, and according to how well our souls are prospering, does give us of the faith that brings healing, and a renewal of the faith in us by salvation, that we might have power (Dunamis) in prayer, particularly for others, or for the Lord's work.

Blessings,

2007/4/24 7:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy