SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs

I looked through some of the posts and didn't see anyone mention this, so I thought I would. It has been a blessing to me to read through this dictionary. I recommend every Christian read it along with another book by David Bercot, Will [url=http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/more-heretics.html][i]The Real Heretics Please Stand Up[/i][/url]. You can find the book for a good price by clicking on it:[url=http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/473073661?item_no=33571&netp_id=134918&event=AFF&item_code=WW][i]A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs[/i][/url]

2007/4/21 16:20Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs

It is as well to remember, of course, that "Will the real heretics please stand up" is David Bercot's own slant on a complex history. I have no mission to defend dead orthodoxy but I thought Bercot's views were too simplistic.

2007/4/27 3:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs

I believe this volume is worth its weight in gold! Another good volume to get on church history is "the pilgrim church" by Broadbent. I do appreciate their simple "spiritual" views of church history. They are closer to the truth then most!

2007/4/29 22:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Let the reader remember, such books are simply meant to be a complement to one's study of church history. It is not the end all be all. At best such books will help you find relevant passages in the original sources themselves. And also keep in mind when studying the early church fathers, that just because they believed something doesn't mean it was in line with the New Testament teachings. So, when interpreting the Bible, be careful not to read "what the early church believed" back into the Scriptures themselves.

2007/4/29 23:09Profile
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
I believe this volume is worth its weight in gold! Another good volume to get on church history is "the pilgrim church" by Broadbent. I do appreciate their simple "spiritual" views of church history. They are closer to the truth then most!

Amen! I agree!

2007/4/30 15:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I came across this pdf of The Early Christians recently. It may contain some interesting data for folks interested in this topic. It is produced by Bruderhof which, I think, is a Mennonite source.

[url=http://www.plough.com/ebooks/earlychristians.html]The Early Christians in their own Words.[/url]

2007/5/16 10:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I came across this pdf of The Early Christians recently. It may contain some interesting data for folks interested in this topic. It is produced by Bruderhof which, I think, is a Mennonite source.

The Early Christians in their own Words.

Thanks Ron, I have ran across this before and have it saved as a pdf ready to be printed off into a binder.

2007/5/16 14:22Profile
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Re:

Thanks philologos...I will be giving that a read...

2007/5/17 22:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy