SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Environmental Disaster

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Environmental Disaster

Hi Ya'll. For those who are from the southern portion of the U.S., I wonder if you guys have been considering the environmental impact of the late freeze we had just two weeks ago. All of the trees were in bloom and the leaves were emerging on many species, then, BAM! a deep freeze interrupted everything and burned all the spring emergents, the blossoms, the leaves, all dead.

I was out of town overnight at a cabin in the Smoky mountains and I sat on the deck of the cabin this morning looking out over the ridges all around me and it looked like wintertime. All brown from all that new growth dying and falling off. I pondered the environmental impact of it. Imagine, a huge portion of the Appalachian mountain range and the beautiful, green southern
states, all this was struck by the deep freeze. The trees, in their pollenation stage, were interrupted. The leaves, which produce oxygen, all gone. Because of the interruption of pollenation, there will be many fruit bearing plants that will be barren this season. My two Hackberry trees, which have tiny berries on them in the fall that the birds love, will have no berries.

I think this wide-spread devastation is a bigger deal than we might think. I've never seen it like this. I spoke with an old man in his 70's this week who said he has never seen it like this before. This is huge and the effect of it is profound. Love, Dian.

2007/4/21 15:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Environmental Disaster

Quote:
I think this wide-spread devastation is a bigger deal than we might think. I've never seen it like this. I spoke with an old man in his 70's this week who said he has never seen it like this before. This is huge and the effect of it is profound. Love, Dian.

I believe this is much bigger also then we think. We are on the verge of many problems that will be hard to explain and much more hard to handle with in our minds. May God let us keep us minds on things above, and my the peace of God surpass all our understanding and worries of the present day situations in the world. Oh thank God that we can walk with the assurance that God is in control. But it is dually noted that these things are growing worse and worse.

2007/4/21 16:15Profile

If you haven't read David Wilkerson's book, he speak of this in his book entitled, "The Vision", 1974. He speaks about the weather going crazy. For us the weather changed in the middle of the 80's (I live in Canada) and we had snowless winters from 1985 to 2004. Snowless I mean, January and February, in March we'd have miserable blizzards. In the past 2 years it seems to have normalized, and the snow has returned for those too months (Thank God). The Ice Storm that you had, we had in the 90's and they were devasting, we haven't seen to many of them of late.

If this is a judgement, my judgement would be that God is not pleased with man's handling of the Earth. Industry is destroying the Earth, pushing livestock to their limits and beyond, there is such an abuse of land and animals that it's not pleasing to God. The land must rest for a while. The waste is unbelievable being thrown away in North America, while others in the world are starving to death. I remember some years back that a man rented out his fields to the government to grow Tomatoes. They had a set quota, but he over planted and they took their quota, but the rest they ordered it to be plowed under. The same goes with livestock, they have to be put down if they go over their quota. The system is stupid.

I didn't mean to get off topic.

2007/4/21 18:17
tjservant

Indiana USA

We lost our peach crop in Southern Illinois. Entire orchards…wiped out. One of the “old timers” said it happened in ’62 and ’39. He said it didn’t worry him in the slightest…”it’s all happened before”, he said.

I know we are not very good stewards in America…I’m sure God is disappointed about some things.

No matter what happens...now or later...our complete trust in the Lord will show. It will testify. Those without the peace given by God will not know what to think when we all stand united in Christ…unafraid…not freaking out.

Many will turn from The Way and follow the advice of the world. They will believe God has abandoned them.

Praise be to God…no matter what happens…He will never abandon us.

2007/4/21 20:25Profile
BENOTLEH

Newnan Georgia

In II Peter 3:12 the apostle says: "...the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat" So Hey don't get too excited about Earth Day.

2007/4/21 22:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Here in central Mississippi we are well behind in our normal rainfal for this time of the year. We had no measurable precipation in March and that is among the wettest month in the year. In March we already had cracks in the ground. When this happened last year in April, we were alarmed.

The frost injured our sweet corn - it is growing out, but sure looks sick. And we will have to irrigate it next week if we want a decent crop.

The crops in some places were so bad last year it costs more to harvest them then what it yielded. Now it appears as though we are in for another year like last year, perhaps only worse. The rains we get are so little, no soakers at all.

I, too, have talked to the old timers and they all say the same thing: never saw anything like this before!

Our faith will be tested, of that I am sure.

ginnyrose

2007/4/21 23:27Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Here in north Alabama one our our largest orchard owners says he lost his peaches, apples and pecans for the recent freeze. All the other orchards are the same.

2007/4/21 23:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
Our faith will be tested, of that I am sure.

Amen to that Sis!

2007/4/22 14:06
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I just checked the newspaper and it said we are 12.9 inches below normal for our rainful to date. A catfish farmer told me his evening they have lost 6-8 inches of water in their ponds since December.

Indeed, something very strange is going on...

ginnyrose

2007/4/22 21:58Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

You can check the NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) site for information on all weather events. The history section has records for more than 100 years.

[url=http://www.noaa.gov/pastweather.html]NOAA - past weather[/url]

2007/4/22 23:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy