SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please Read my Tract and tell me what you think!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BENOTLEH

Newnan Georgia

Please Read my Tract and tell me what you think!

I just finished working on this tract, it deals with false security, because i have been increasingly aware of how very many people have been fooled one way or another into thinking they're saved when they know nothing of repentance or the New Birth. Thank you for reading and i would very much appreciate your critisms, comments, and suggestions:

False Security

Q. What is False Security?

A. False Security is when someone believes that they are in a right standing with God and that they have some hope that they shall reach heaven, when in reality they have not experienced the New Birth.

Q. How does a person come to have this False Security?

A. There are many different types of false security.
The most common type of false security is reliance in one’s own goodness or self-righteousness, this is when someone believes that although they may have made some “mistakes” in their life, they are generally a good person and aren’t as bad as many others.

Q. What are some other types of false security?

A. One of the most devious types of false security is one that is very much propagated and enforced by many churches and preachers, it is this: That you can simply say a certain form of words, commonly called the “Sinner’s Prayer”, and thereby be saved. This is utterly false. No matter what words you use and no matter how you say them, words cannot save you.
Many, including myself, have said these words and from there on out have written off the subject of salvation as having been dealt with.

Q. Well then, what is this New Birth that you say must be experienced?

A. The New Birth gets its name from John 3:3 where the Lord Jesus says, “Verily, Verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God”.

The New Birth is absolutely necessary for salvation. Every person in this world, without exception, is a hopeless wicked sinner in the sight of Almighty God.
We are all rebels against our own Creator, He has written His law on our hearts, every man knows what is right and wrong, but has chosen to ignore God and go his own way. Now the New Birth is when a person is awakened to this reality and has realized his lost and hopeless condition, then he finds that there is hope and it is this: That God Almighty in His Love and Mercy towards us has sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, into the world. This Jesus was “wounded for our transgressions” and “bruised for our iniquities”. Jesus has paid the price we could not pay because He is sinless and perfect, He has made the way so that we can be reunited with our Maker in perfect Peace and Love. Now when the awakened sinner sees this truth about Jesus he must, with all his heart, repent of all his sin and put his full faith in the person of Jesus Christ, His atoning death, and Ressurrection.

Q. How can a person have real security in this New Birth?

A. The evidence of the New Birth is this: A real and undeniable change in a person’ heart. Their attitude towards God, Jesus, Life, Sin, Etc is completely changed. But above all this person will Know without a doubt that they have been saved.

2007/4/21 1:37Profile
theopenlife

Re: Please Read my Tract and tell me what you think!

My only suggestion is to cite some verses, or even mix them in as quotes. The word is powerful in a spiritual way. "My sheep hear my voice," said Jesus.

Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Maybe demonstrate how God is holy to show why we are wicked.

God bless.

2007/4/21 2:20Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: Please Read my Tract and tell me what you think!

I agree, it's true and to the point, the only sugestion I have is to say more about repentance, may be explain it a bit more, and when you say 'put his faith in the person of Jeusu Christ...' you may want to go into that a bit more, as 'faith' means different things to different people.

You may already be doing this, but can I suggest you listen to 'way of the master radio' it's on 2 hours each day and you can listen to old shows going back ages, you get a lot of encouragement and idea's from them and listen to a lot of witness encounters. It's been a big help to me when I go envangelising.

God bless you in your ministry

Ste

2007/4/21 5:00Profile

Re:

I agree with the other two posters. The Word of God is powerful in and of itself, so use it. Also, one of the biggest causes of false conversions is there is hardly any mention of repentence anymore! No repentence, no true conversion.

I think you're on the right track tho... no pun intended. Something like this is deperately needed here in the "Bible-belt" where even the most adultrous drunkard believes he's saved. Just listen to country music radio.

Krispy

2007/4/21 6:36

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy