SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "IT'S NOT JUST CRAZY--IT'S DEMON POSSESSED"/ Francis Frangipane

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

"IT'S NOT JUST CRAZY--IT'S DEMON POSSESSED"/ Francis Frangipane

Prayer Alert: Francis Frangipane

By now, most of us are aware of the horror that, for three hours, roared up from the bowels of hell and flooded the campus of Virginia Tech University. Forgive me for telling this like it is, but the murderer was not merely "troubled," he was demon possessed. Cho Seung-Hui, murdered 32 students and faculty, then turned his gun toward his own face and pulled the trigger. Students that survived the attack reported hearing, at one point, Cho Seung-Hui laughing maniacally as he shot his victims in cold blood.

There are many appalling consequences of his actions, but the one I want us to particularly pay attention to is that there is often a "copycat" element in these kinds of things. As grotesque as the darkness was that lived in Cho Seung-Hui, he is not a "one-of-a-kind" human. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of people in America who are similarly demonized.

These are individuals who usually live in isolation and hatred. They are so deeply entrenched in spiritual darkness, they do not know how to climb out. While these tormented people might look and appear almost normal, their thoughts are the mutterings of demons. Seeing the chaos Cho Seung-Hui spawned, these crazed people carry a demonic impulse: they desire to kill more people than he did. The voices, inwardly compelling them, whisper they have nothing to lose. In fact, they are convinced their crimes will make them famous.

Some of you think I'm exaggerating or overreacting. I'm not. I'm simply asking we take a strong prayer initiative against a demonic multiplication of this horror. Did you know that by Tuesday, the day after the Virginia Tech massacre, threats had already occurred in many places? Forced "lock-downs and evacuations at universities, high schools and middle schools (have occurred) in at least 10 states on Tuesday," according to the Associated Press.

The report continued, "Threats in Louisiana, Montana and Washington state directly mentioned the massacre in Virginia, while others were reports of suspicious activity in Texas, Arizona, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Dakota, South Dakota and Michigan. In Louisiana, parents picked up hundreds of students from Bogalusa's high school and middle school amid reports that a man had been arrested Tuesday morning for threatening a mass killing in a note that alluded to the murders at Virginia Tech" (click here to view this news story).

Of course, not everyone who calls in a threat has intent on fulfilling it. Some people think it is "funny" to cause disruption. However, we need to increase our intercession, especially pray that these copycat atrocities would not occur. We need to pray that sick, demonized people will find Christ and get help. We also need to be discerning. If someone you know begins ranting that "things are going to change" or "you'll see," tell the police immediately. Indeed, let us especially pray for the police and all who are in authority that plans conceived in hell WILL NOT be fulfilled on earth.

Finally, let us not be passive. Rather, let us stand before God for our communities. When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord promises to raise up a standard (Isaiah 59:19b). Let us, therefore, stand up.

Let's not only pray that God will thwart any further copycat acts of violence, but that He'll use what has occurred to bring our nation back to Him.

Francis Frangipane
Ministries of Francis Frangipane
Email: [email protected]

2007/4/20 9:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy