SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Meanwhile, 654,965 Dead in Iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We have to pray and put it in the hands of God. He is not having a nervous breakdown in Heaven. He has all this under control.

Amen. Thank God that He is in control. And thank God for the righteous remnant in America. May we all strive to be that "righteous" light in our dark societies NO MATTER what country we find ourselves in.

2007/4/20 18:11Profile

Re: "ethnocentricity"???

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:

...What happened at VT is horrible - but let's keep it in perspective.

This ethnocentricity is nauseating.

Corey, you are right that we need to keep it in perspective, but "nauseating" is a very judgemental word to use.

I get the feeling that this "ethnocentricity" is entirely innocent, not deliberate or motivated by selfishness. If someone in your family was shot in the John Hopkins tragedy, you wouldn't have any grief to spare for the dead in Iraq or Sudan.

Maybe that's how it is for most Americans - its like it happened to someone in their own family!

Is that so?

Jeannette

2007/4/20 18:29
pastorfrin

Re:

1 Cor. 13:3-8
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth:

This is what we are called to do and we will if we are filled with the love of Christ.
It makes no difference what country they are from, if they hate us or love us; There is no excuse for not following our Lord's example, we are commanded to love and it is about time we stop making excuses for not obeying.
Love thinketh no evil; Love 'Never Fails'

In His Love

pastorfrin

2007/4/20 19:16Profile

Re:

Jeanette said:

Quote:
Corey, you are right that we need to keep it in perspective, but "nauseating" is a very judgemental word to use.

I get the feeling that this "ethnocentricity" is entirely innocent, not deliberate or motivated by selfishness. If someone in your family was shot in the John Hopkins tragedy, you wouldn't have any grief to spare for the dead in Iraq or Sudan.

Maybe that's how it is for most Americans - its like it happened to someone in their own family!

Is that so?

Jeanette, from the online dictionary:

eth·no·cen·trism
–noun
1. [i]Sociology.[/i] the belief in the inherent superiority of one's own ethnic group or culture.
2. a tendency to view alien groups or cultures from the perspective of one's own.

Ignorance is not innocence.

The American media had a field day when Natalee Holloway went missing in 2005. So did the churches.

Where's the media on the estimated twelve million people, mostly African and Asian women and children, sold into slavery...? Where's our prayers for them? Where's our posts about them? When's the last time someone in our churches prayed for them?

Yes, it's horrible that Holloway went missing - and it's horrible that thirty-two people were gunned down. But being educated, middle-class, blond-haired, blue-eyed, pretty, whatever - doesn't make one more important to the LORD. And it shouldn't to Christians, either.

Keep it in perspective.

2007/4/20 20:17

Re:

pastorfrin said:

Quote:
It makes no difference what country they are from, if they hate us or love us; There is no excuse for not following our Lord's example, we are commanded to love and it is about time we stop making excuses for not obeying.

Amen!

2007/4/20 20:18
jordanamo

Re:

Greg said, (emphasis added)

Quote:
"Do the arabs care that American's are dying? that the massacare happened? of course not they are worried about themselves. Thus we must remember we are talking about "worldlings" who are consumed on themselves and their own lusts which is corrupting them."

This is a fallacy. Of those over 600,000 deaths most were innocent civilians. And for you to denigrate them based on their sinful state and to act like they are somehow on a lower echelon and their death doesn't matter is ridiculous and not very Christ-like.

Of course the Arabs care that the massacre happened! They feel empathic for the people that died. Why? Because they face this sort of stuff a lot in their locality (Middle East). You think all Arabs are a bunch of savages who just love when a person kills innocent people, and love it especially if their American? How much FOX News do you watch?

Yes, there are a lot of Arabs that are just jumping up for joy at the fact that 32 Americans lay dead... but that in no shape represents most of the Arabian population, and for you to make a broad generalization that Arabians feel that way, is just simply disrespectful.

Jordan

2007/4/20 21:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This is a fallacy. Of those over 600,000 deaths most were innocent civilians. And for you to denigrate them based on their sinful state and to act like they are somehow on a lower echelon and their death doesn't matter is ridiculous and not very Christ-like.

If you read my posts carefully I am not saying that arabs are a lower form of human. But that ALL are on the same level as souls that have to give account before God. And ALL americans and arabs are unregenerate apart from Christ and are consumed upon their own lusts, serving their father the devil.

I am not happy to see any massacares or tragedies happen. But we do live in a fallen world. I was just trying to get Corey to think outside of the box that he has made which he feels is out of the box. Simply put the american media is not the mirror of justice by any means. They are self-consumed and sinful.

I just think its a wasted argument to try and prove the fact that North America has pride, self-infactuation, and egotism. Its a fact! move on.

2007/4/20 21:15Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

deltadom said:

Quote:
even this does not beat the amount of people who are going to hell.

Luke 13:4-5
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners F35 above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Thank you brother! Amen for the Scriptures.

jordan said:
Quote:

Innocent civilians in man's eyes maybe - but Christ hating rebels in God's eyes...as are all men apart from Jesus.

Psalm 53:3
[i]Every one of them has turned aside; together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good, not even one.[/i]

2007/4/20 21:30Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I see. So American soldiers are killed while Arab babies are just deceased?

So you want to play hard ball? What do you know about death? My comments are from a picture on my desktop of an American Soldier carrying a mortally wounded 2 year old boy.

Quote:
So you're saying half a million people died by suicide bombers?

We had long since been out of Iraq had the madness stopped and you know it so don't try it. Ed. One of al-Qaida's clearly stated goals is the re-establishment of a Caliphate. Al Qaeda recently named its Internet newscast from Iraq "The Voice of the Caliphate."

For those who may not understand this, the radical extremism we see going on in the senseless killings of thousands of innocent people is all part and portion of the attempted reestablishment of [i]Caliphate[/i] that was ended in the 1920's. This is a centralized Islamic government. Now Islamic nations are fragmented, but the plan is to unite their resources under one head; everything from their oil and wealth to their military might.

Only non-Muslims misunderstand the term Jihad. They have a clear understanding of what it is. Jihadists do not want peace. They want war. They have been slowly manipulating the world into somehow believing they were a peace loving people while they slowly raised the knife to the throat. If they had a nuclear device right now they would use it. Had they had one on 9-11 New York City would be a real life version of [i]The Day After[/i].

CALIPHATE; it's all about [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate#End_of_Caliphate.2C_1924]CALIPHATE.[/url].

Quote:
No, we train our kids to kill and rape in video games, then train them to strap bombs to the underside of state-of-the-art stealth warplanes so we can "kill us some A-rabs". Then we strip, humiliate, and photograph the survivors in Abu Ghraib. When the pictures are "leaked", we relocate the prisoners to Guantanemo Bay. Strip, humiliate, photograph. Repeat.

No, I have trained up my kids in the fear and admonishion of the Lord and what they do with that is on their heads.

So you believe the world would be a better place if the United States of America did not exist?

2007/4/20 23:33Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Where's the media on the estimated twelve million people, mostly African and Asian women and children, sold into slavery...? Where's our prayers for them? Where's our posts about them? When's the last time someone in our churches prayed for them?

How much have [u]you[/u] sent to Africa to feed the hungry or drill wells or free slaves? Not all of us talk about being a Christian and complain about what 'ain't; getting done. Some of us are actually highly involved spending and being spent. So please leave me and those who don't fit your characterizations out of your rantings.
ed. 4/21/07

2007/4/20 23:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy