SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spiritual Confusion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Spiritual Confusion

[b]Spiritual Confusion[/b]

[i]1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Jer 7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

Dan 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.[/i]

Rhetoric. Misunderstanding. Dismissive presumption and hypothetical scenarios. Truth laced with anger that is hostility. Indignation torqued out of all proportion, back and forth, compromise, emotions, suspicions. Proper rebuke protected by self preservation, self defense, 'reputation', it is not welcomed as the medicine needed, the balm of healing. The order of learning; dropping off what was held previous now set at challenge, at odds, exposed over exposed even, still, the clutching, the defending ... strife, contention, division, spiritual anarchy, evil ... [i]confusion.[/i]

Accusation and Rebuke

Jas 4:1 From [u]whence[/u] come wars and fightings among you?

[i]come they not hence,
even of your lusts that [b]war[/b] in your members?

Ye lust,
and have not:
ye kill,
and desire
to have,
and cannot obtain:
ye fight
and war,

yet ye have not,
because ye ask not.

Ye ask,
and receive not,
because ye ask amiss,
that ye may consume it upon your lusts.[/i]

Is it not sheer confusion, spiritual confusion?

[i]Ye adulterers and adulteresses,
know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?
whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.[/i] Jas 4:4

Enmity [i]with[/i] and [i]enemies[/i] [b]of[/b] God!
Sobering thought, no? And over what?

"friendship with the world"

Confusion abounds in our day. It is confusing to express and difficult to explain ...
Confusion is confusing!

At bottom, spiritually what it amounts to is;

Something is [i]wrong[/i]
Something is [i]amiss[/i]
Something is\has [i]grieved[/i]

[i]Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain,
The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?[/i] Jas 4:5

[i]And grieve not the holy Spirit of God,
whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.[/i] Eph 4:30

Suffering, [i]shame of face[/i], sobriety of soul and spirit, humbling [i]ourselves[/i], taking the low place, carrying our [i]own[/i] cross, not repaying evil for evil, reproach for reproach, do good to those who [i]hate[/i] and [i]spitefully use you[/i] ...

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, [b]hoping for nothing again[/b]; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is [b]kind[/b] unto the unthankful and to the evil.

[i]Be ye therefore merciful,
as your Father also is merciful.
Judge not,
and ye shall not be judged:
condemn not,
and ye shall not be condemned:
forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Give, and it shall be given unto you;[/i]

It all seems to have become inverted, turned upside down, reinterpreted, given new opinion, discounted ... [i]put to confusion.[/i]
The things that ought to be embraced are forsaken, explained away.
Is it not [i]enmity[/i]?
And grieving the Holy Spirit?

Is it not [i][b]felt[/b][/i] ...?

[i]Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. [/i] Joh 8:44

[i]But foolish and ignorant questionings refuse, knowing that they gender strifes. And the Lord's servant must not strive, but be gentle towards all, apt to teach, forbearing, in meekness correcting them that oppose themselves; if peradventure God may give them repentance unto the knowledge of the truth, and they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him unto his will.[/i] 2Ti 2:23-26

[i]In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. [/i] 1Jn 3:10

[i]And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.[/i] Rev 12:9

"[b]the deceiver of the whole world[/b]"

Victims or a victim mentality, true victimization or imagination, [i]confusion[/i].
"Blame". Whose?
'[i]The devil is in the details[/i]' it is said, truth?
I believe it is so. What better strategy than to set the Brethren at odds against each other, better to first ...

[i]in meekness correcting them that oppose themselves[/i]

Turn it outside in, make it proud and "self-righteous", [i]deceive[/i], draw off, stir up, suggest, appeal to the easiness of that lower nature, confuse the matter ... [i]blame it on the devil[/i] and excuse ourselves, us who [i]oppose ourselves[/i].

That is a startling admission isn't it, [i]them that oppose themselves[/i]? And if the mind be made up how to bring meekness in correction to real matters, issues, [i]crimes of the heart[/i], the desire, one of ...

Reconsideration and reconciliation.

Confusing isn't it? Surely have only made it more so. There is no 'end' here and no real answer, 'I don't know' is prevalent, I cannot shake it most often. Pray much over it ... [i]How[/i]? How to un-confuse the confusion. It is open ended, it is a constant tension, it is a want of true examination, it is a taking Heaven by storm, by [i]violence[/i], it is a [i]must[/i].

A [i]must[/i] hear from Heaven, from the Word of God that is of Heaven, where no confusion may come.

[i]But the wisdom that is from above is [u]first[/u] [b]pure[/b],
[u]then[/u] [b]peaceable[/b], gentle,
and [u]easy to be intreated[/u],
[b]full[/b] of mercy and good fruits,
without [b]partiality[/b],
and without [b]hypocrisy[/b].[/i] Jas 3:17

"Without" ... [i]confusion[/i].

2007/4/19 9:53Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Spiritual Confusion

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
[b]Spiritual Confusion[/b]

[i]1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Jer 7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

Dan 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.[/i]

Rhetoric. Misunderstanding. Dismissive presumption and hypothetical scenarios. Truth laced with anger that is hostility. Indignation torqued out of all proportion, back and forth, compromise, emotions, suspicions. Proper rebuke protected by self preservation, self defense, 'reputation', it is not welcomed as the medicine needed, the balm of healing. The order of learning; dropping off what was held previous now set at challenge, at odds, exposed over exposed even, still, the clutching, the defending ... strife, contention, division, spiritual anarchy, evil ... [i]confusion.[/i]

...It all seems to have become inverted, turned upside down, reinterpreted, given new opinion, discounted ... [i]put to confusion.[/i]

[i][b]And by anger possessed,
that anger was,
confused, turned against,
first God, then others, then self.[/b][/i]

2007/4/19 10:28Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Spiritual Confusion

I see this as a warning from God.

There is a lot of confusion in the church and individual Christians today.

The standard of holiness that God wants has been reduced to 'anything goes', which means, we don't know what we are doing.

Things have to be either right or wrong, there is nothing in the middle.

Hence, confusion.

Heb 5v14, But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Satan does pit Christians against each other, and we seem to just fall for it every time.

However, we are responsible, to God for our actions, words and thoughts.

We will be the ones that get punished for all eternity for our sins, not the enemy, whether he has tempted us or not.

So, let's humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord.

There is no other route.

Thanks for the article. It speaks volumes.

God bless.

2007/4/20 0:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy