SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hospitality

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Hospitality

As I was reading the footwashing thread and the references to Art Katz, I was brought back to a thought that has hit me several times and bothered me.

Why do churches and christians in general send visiting ministers or just other christians to hotels rather than making them a part of their families?

[color=0000CC]1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; [/color]

[color=0000CC]Tts 1:8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; [/color]

1Pe 4:9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

The visiting minister comes to our churches or fellowships, leaving his own family at home, to stay in a cold impersonal hotel. Where is the love of Christ in this.

If you look at Bible pattern they people compelled the traveler to come and lodge with them. Why don't we?

We are too busy, we'd have to clean our house, make more meals, inconvienence ourselves. This needs to change because the Bible tells us to be given to hospitality.

Has this ever bothered anybody else?

2007/4/19 8:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy