SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chilling Words Sound Like Bible Prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

krispy-

I agree as stated earlier, however based on earlier comments in another post, I need to know if you are saying that God had nothing to do with the tragedy (like He sat on the throne helpless as one of His creation went on a murderess rampage) or if you are saying that God could have been involved and used the muderous way of a ranting madman for His own purposes, instead of stopping it.

I think that professed believers putting their heads in sand and creating an idolotrous "love God" to placate their lukewarmness instead of weeping in prayer on behalf of a perverse society or standing on the street corner and warning people to flee from the wrath to come are more to blame then anyone, even the gunman.

In Christ - Jim

2007/4/19 12:10
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

I wonder how many of that are willing to satisfy your idle curiosities by hearing about the horrors of this life are willing to live among them as well.

Chris

2007/4/19 12:11Profile

Re:

Chris-

I never said that this guy spoke for God and only asked what He said about Jesus to be informed. however the babylonians who God used to destroy Isreal did not speak for Him either, that doesnt mean God wasnt involved though. Again that is all I am seeking to discuss. Not that this madman was some kind of Godly saint. That is ridiculous obviously and i dont agree with the title of this thread in that sense.

In Christ - Jim

2007/4/19 12:15
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Joh 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

its quite easy to put this man in the category he belongs.

2007/4/19 12:22Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing." -Acts 17:21

Jesus did not tell us to be concerned with the words of those who murder. Defend gossip and whitewash it with theological talk, but it is still ungodliness.

Chris

2007/4/19 12:29Profile

Re:

Chris-

If you are adressing me, please show me where I have gossipped or let me know if you weren't talking to me.

Thanks - Jim

2007/4/19 12:33
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Jim,

"Chris-

If you are adressing me, please show me where I have gossipped or let me know if you weren't talking to me.

Thanks - Jim"

I am addressing anyone that is or has [b]encouraged others to listen to the words on this man who murdered these people[/b] or who encourages others to talk about it. If that applies to you, then it is meant to you.

Chris

2007/4/19 12:41Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

My theory is this:

Seung Cho was mentally psychotic. His extreme anti-social behavior had opened him up to the demon world.

Being Korean and living in Virginia he was probably around Christians his entire life -which is why he speaks so much about them, but he never really met Jesus.

I can't help but thinking about the boy with the demons who kept throwing him into the fire... the Apostles tried to remove the demons but couldn't... The boy needed two things, Jesus and Prayer.

I can imagine that this young man Seung Cho probably had a lot of Christian teaching around him and a lot of 'Apostles' trying to help him... but no one ever came to him as Jesus, prayed for him, engaged in his life to remove those demons.

Whose fault is this? The Christian Church. Not a single organization, not any single person... it was a systemic failure. We are failing to show Jesus to this world, we are not showing the light of Christ in our lives, we are not engaging the world as salt and light. We are not being Jesus' ambassadors -we've shirked our responsibility and hid ourselves in man made temples.

2007/4/19 12:42Profile

Re:

well said Ian - Jim

2007/4/19 12:45
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

I agree with Ian as well. I have read this entire thread and can see all the perspectives. The church is dropping the ball on these people and many more.

I have no desire to watch the video, however just the little blurbs I have heard tell me this man was rejected over and over. He wasn't very attractive so the pretty people didn't want him. He saw the affluence of those around him, seemingly living the high life, which didn't include him and he became angry which opened him up to serve the devil.

Christians may have been able to go in an take him into their hearts thereby relieving the big hole in his. Sharing Jesus love and acceptence with him. Letting him know that Jesus accepts him and wants him.

Now about the possiblility that God, even though He didn't do this, will speak though this, I believe He does. He speaks to us, does He not? Of our selfishness and blindness to the need around us? How many around us are loners and shunned by society and we have the goods but don't offer them. Yes He speaks to our self-centered me, me, me ways. It is a wake-up call to labor in the harvest. It is also speaking to us to be faithful in prayer for those God lays on our hearts. Those we are supposed to care about. We all, most likely, have people away at college or in the military and we forget to intercede for them. This does speak to us to get on the ball and care enough to do our part.

God uses everything in our lives to speak to us if we just have ears to hear.

2007/4/19 13:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy