SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bees are dying off. 60-70% missing on the East&West Coast. Spreading in Europe.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:
If a cell phone keeps bees away from their hives, imagine what cell phone towers in farmers' fields must do to them...

If bees are harmed what must this do to humans?

Diane

I know this is extreme, but I read of a woman who would stay on her cell phone for several hours a day. She then found out she had a brain tumor, with some thinking they realized that the tumor was right were her phone antenna was when she talked on her phone. These things aren't that healthy for us. :-(

Jordan

2007/4/25 19:51Profile

Re: Bees are dying off. 60-70% missing on the East&West Coast. Spreading in Europe.

This just in:

[b]Taiwan stung by millions of missing bees[/b]

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan's bee farmers are feeling the sting of lost business and possible crop danger after millions of the honey-making, plant-pollinating insects vanished during volatile weather, media and experts said on Thursday.

Over the past two months, farmers in three parts of Taiwan have reported most of their bees gone, the Chinese-language United Daily News reported. Taiwan's TVBS television station said about 10 million bees had vanished in Taiwan.

A beekeeper on Taiwan's northeastern coast reported 6 million insects missing "for no reason", and one in the south said 80 of his 200 bee boxes had been emptied, the paper said.

Beekeepers usually let their bees out of boxes to pollinate plants and the insects normally make their way back to their owners. However, many of the bees have not returned over the past couple of months.

Possible reasons include disease, pesticide poisoning and unusual weather, varying from less than 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit) to more than 30 degrees Celsius over a few days, experts say.

"You can see climate change really clearly these days in Taiwan," said Yang Ping-shih, entomology professor at the National Taiwan University. He added that two kinds of pesticide can make bees turn "stupid" and lose their sense of direction.

As affected beekeepers lose business, fruit growers may lack a key pollination source and neighbors might get stung, he said.

Billions of bees have fled hives in the United States since late 2006, instead of helping pollinate $15 billion worth of fruits, nuts and other crops annually. Disappearing bees also have been reported in Europe and Brazil.

The mass buzz-offs are isolated cases so far, a Taiwan government Council of Agriculture official said.

But the council may collect data to study the causes of the vanishing bees and gauge possible impacts, said Kao Ching-wen, a pesticides section chief at the council.

"We want to see what the reason is, and we definitely need some evidence," Kao said. "It's hard to say whether there will be an impact."

© Reuters 2007. All Rights Reserved.

2007/4/30 11:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I know this is extreme, but I read of a woman who would stay on her cell phone for several hours a day. She then found out she had a brain tumor, with some thinking they realized that the tumor was right were her phone antenna was when she talked on her phone. These things aren't that healthy for us.

I don't have a cellphone and do agree that they are unhealthy. Wireless technologies as they increase could become dangerous to health of individuals. It is sad that in the pursuit of money the health of millions and billions is disregarded.

2007/4/30 11:22Profile
PassingThru

Re:

[url=http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/032307EA.shtml]http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/032307EA.shtml[/url]

This article mentions genetically modified crops as a possible cause.

It also mentions other insects that would normally raid an empty hive won't go near the abandoned hives.

PassingThru

2007/4/30 13:46Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I know this is extreme, but I read of a woman who would stay on her cell phone for several hours a day. She then found out she had a brain tumor, with some thinking they realized that the tumor was right were her phone antenna was when she talked on her phone. These things aren't that healthy for us.

Link?

2007/4/30 14:10Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

It is even worse than we thought! It appears that the bees have not disappeared but are instead training for an eventual war against humans.

The first battle has already taken place!
[url=http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_120121907.html]Bee Army launches preemptive strike against humans.[/url]

Men and women, what shall we do? Does this mean the world will end soon? Is the antichrist orchestrating this?

Update:
[url=http://www.kptv.com/news/13220953/detail.html]Bees causing havoc on our highways as well.[/url]

2007/4/30 14:20Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:

Link?

I read about it in a magazine a couple of years ago. I don't even know what mag it was in now, but I think it was a news mag. The story just stuck with me. Sorry!

Jordan

2007/5/1 17:25Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Update on the bees

LIGONIER, Indiana (AP) -- A swarm of honeybees temporarily disrupted a charity fundraising event, but no one reported being stung.

Authorities evacuated the area Saturday after the swarm of about 3,000 bees emerged from the woods around the West Noble High School football field, where 700 people were participating in a fundraising walk for the American Cancer Society.

The bees landed on a large umbrella shading the campsite of one of the more than 60 teams taking part in the 24-hour event in the town, 40 miles northwest of Fort Wayne.

A local beekeeper, Matt Green, used a smoke machine to calm the bees and coax them into a beehive he brought to the field. The event was delayed about 45 minutes.
[url=http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/21/bees.fundraiser.ap/index.html]Bee Attack[/url]

2007/5/21 15:35Profile

Re: Bees are dying off. 60-70% missing on the East&West Coast. Spreading in Europe.

Tears_of_Joy, Thank you for posting this article and this search link.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=bees+dying&btnG=Search+News

Between 2000 & 2004 we planted all sorts of perenials that would attract butterflies and hummingbirds and as a result, had 100's of butterflies of all types and with them, 100's of bees at each large bush, like the Sedum and Budleia, etc.
We had to be careful walking by those certain flowers and bushes because of the mass quantity of bees. Mostly honeybees, but other types too.

For the last two years the bees and the butterflies are all but gone. Unbelievable.
It's been sad & scarey at the same time.
We have videos of the mass population that these plants attracted just 2 and 3 years ago, now there is none.

I found this one article off of your search as very interesting too. The cell phone connection is only theory I see and it seems that it may very well be an infection.

[b]Bees dying of mysterious infection. Sunday, June 17, 2007
JIA-RUI CHONG AND THOMAS H. MAUGH II - LOS ANGELES TIMES[/b]

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/225743/

The main thing, that makes this not a joking matter, is that it is affecting pollination, so that our food crops and trees and so forth will suffer and are.

Before you posted this, I thought it was just a local phenomena here. But to look out the window, at what was once a garden literally loaded with butterflies and bees and now see none and looking at your Search links, really brings this reality home.

Very timely topic.

Bless you !

2007/6/30 1:15
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I just read this letter to the June 2007 issue of [i]Acres USA [/i]. I am printing it here for your consideration.
Here goes:

"As a concerned farmer and alfalfa grower, I have closely followed the issue of Round-up Ready alfalfa. Having watched the Roundup Ready corn story, I find it interesting that deer will not eat it, and cattle will not graze on the stalks unless all other feeds have been eaten and they have no other choice.

"The way I see it, the corporate giants want control of all seeds and plants, thus gaining control of the entire world's food supply. This could be a terrible disaster for everyone who eats.

"If these new genetically engineered plants are in fact killing bees that pollinate our crops, then we are all doomed. Let us wake up and reject this biotech approach to agriculture.

"Dairymen who now feed both Roundup Ready corn and soybeans are finding it impossible to keep cow health and production uo to par on this menu.

Farmers everywhere need to think this one through."

Perhaps there is an expert among SI posters that can enlighten us more?

ginnyrose

2007/7/6 20:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy