SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Poignant portrayal of a single mother and her son as he loses his battle with cancer.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jordanamo

Poignant portrayal of a single mother and her son as he loses his battle with cancer.

Very sad, made me cry. Won 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography. 20 Pictures.

http://www.pulitzer.org/year/2007/feature-photography/works/byer01_jpg.html

Jordan

2007/4/18 22:44Profile
jordanamo

Re: Poignant portrayal of a single mother and her son as he loses his battle with can

I am very surprised that no one thus far has commented concerning this. Cancer coming to a boy of only 10 years of age and his mother having to witness that is just heartbreaking.

Jordan

2007/4/20 17:18Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Jordan is right. Everyone should look at these pictures.

2007/4/20 17:54Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I am very surprised that no one thus far has commented concerning this. Cancer coming to a boy of only 10 years of age and his mother having to witness that is just heartbreaking.

What is there to say? It is heart breaking. I wish it was not this way...but it is.

I had a cousin die at 6 years old after having suffered with a deformed heart. It just couldn’t get the job done. The family just stood by and watched. Some things are not in our hands.

I wish the people of this world did not have to suffer.

I see it everyday.

Praise be to God. This is not our home. We are only here for a short while.

2007/4/20 18:01Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

As a funeral director I see these types of cases a lot, having to deal with Hospice nurses and devasted parents. Usually, a few weeks before the patient passes away, they'll come in with either a nurse or family members to make their funeral arrangements. You look this person in the eye and shake their hand, knowing that very soon you'll be getting the dreaded "death call" to remove them.

Especially if it's a child that passed away, the mother will be cradling the lifeless body when you get to the home. You remember the kid from just a few days ago, sitting in your office, playing with a toy car.

When I see a mother like this, grieving inconsolably, I think of how terrible sin is, how deep and dear the wage Adam brought into this world. And how we all must walk through this doorway one day, and have our dear loved ones ripped from our hands. Oh, the wage! It frightens me - my heart goes into a panic - to think that inevitably my wife and I will be separated by this sad doorway, never again to be husband and wife or smell her clean hair or hold her on earth. We won't marry in heaven. I suppose the thought hurts so much because it was never supposed to end like this. Adam and Eve were meant to live in perfection on the earth forever. Oh, brethren, don't misunderstand - I rejoice that my soul is redeemed by the blood of Christ, but I cannot lie and say I will not grieve at the thought that my beloved wife and I will be separated. If the first death be this painful and morbid, how much worse will the "second" death be??

Oh, Lord. Comfort the hearts of thy grieving children.

2007/4/20 18:50Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

I looked at the pictures Jordan but was at a loss for words. It was a heart wrenching story in pictures. As a mom of three I can't imagine the degree pain and grief she has experienced. My son's 19 year old girlfriend was in a fatal car accident on Tuesday. Her mom spoke to her on her cell phone just a few minutes before the crash. Here one minute and gone the next. It has been sobering for all of us. Every day is a gift.
Hope

2007/4/20 19:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy