SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : "God Bless America". Hasn't God blessed us enough?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

"God Bless America". Hasn't God blessed us enough?

After this weeks tragedy at Virginia Tech, and after fallen soilders, and after other horrible events, I'm seeing an increase in signs and bumper stickers that say "GOD BLESS AMERICA".

I don't get it. What kind of blessings are they looking for?

2007/4/18 16:38Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: "God Bless America". Hasn't God blessed us enough?

Quote:
I don't get it. What kind of blessings are they looking for?

During 9-11 I had the vexation opf being in Las Vegas on a business trip. The place sobered up in a matter of minutes. The streets cleared and the megatrons suddenly went to saying God Bless America and the like. Amazing it was. I concluded that it is a knee jerk fear based reaction akin to calling upon the Lord. But when relief comes... the signs say a bit different.

2007/4/18 16:48Profile

Re: "God Bless America". Hasn't God blessed us enough?

Quote:
What kind of blessings are they looking for?

2007/4/18 16:54
myfirstLove

Re:

Quote:
During 9-11 I had the vexation opf being in Las Vegas on a business trip. The place sobered up in a matter of minutes. The streets cleared and the megatrons suddenly went to saying God Bless America and the like. Amazing it was. I concluded that it is a knee jerk fear based reaction akin to calling upon the Lord. But when relief comes... the signs say a bit different.

Robert, your quote reminded me about what I just read in the bible recently.

America reminds me of Pharoah because in the bible it says when pharoah saw relief from the plagues after moses would pray, he harden his heart toward God again.

Exodus 8:15
15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and did not heed them, as the LORD had said.

Thats how it is with America and a lot of lukewarm christians too. Once they see relief is being given and peace comes back into their lives, they forget God again and turn back to their wicked ways.

Oh Lord have mercy!

2007/4/18 17:27Profile
Santana

Re:

Quote:
Oh Lord have mercy!

That's what bumper stickers should say instead of God Bless America.

2007/4/18 20:23Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

You are right Santana

2007/4/19 0:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy