SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Good day

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

Good day

It is important to note today's Supreme Court affirmation of the Partial Birth Abortion ban is also valuable as a legal precedent. Not since 1973 have the courts in this country shown any will to place limitations on the unquestioned right to kill unborn human beings. Legal precedents are extremely important in America...they inform future descisions. Even so, this ban does not prevent all late term abortions, but instead bans a specific grizzly technique that was somehow tolerated among civilized society.

The act of inducing a mature baby's entire body to emerge from the womb in order to sever it's spinal cord is arguably the greatest social injustice in America since slavery. What civilized and moral person could possibly be unhappy about banning such barbarism? (Obama, Edwards, H. Clinton...)

After the recent mass murder in Blackburg Virginia, this Supreme Court decision is welcome news. Whether this achievement belongs in the Kingdom of Heaven or of Earth I don't know, but surely the Lord is pleased with this wonderful event.

MC

2007/4/18 15:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Good day

Hi MC,

Mixed ... thought's hearing this. It's just that it is still ... to turn the phrase a bit ...[i]partial[/i].

I will never understand the mind that can be appalled at murder in every other form and still find abortion something to be 'protected'.

2007/4/18 15:48Profile
Compton

Re:

I hear you Mike.

When it comes to the spiritual and moral climate of America, it seems good news only drips in small doses these days. Still, every drop tastes sweet.

Blessings bro.

Say, are you planning on coming to Canton this fall?

MC

2007/4/18 16:46Profile

Re:

i am really grieved .... i want to ask all of you- did you grieve for the dead person that was shot today in the near inner city you live at today? hmmm............
you don't understand how much this hurts the african-american christians when they see so much of attention being given to abortion
i am so sorry brothers, because some will defintely misconstrue the above statement in a totally pagan diatribe against pro-life proponents. i wish you knew how much people are hurt of what they hear of this issue, when you look at it from outside of america

samuel

2007/4/18 22:31
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Say, are you planning on coming to Canton this fall?

Absoultuely!

And you and yours?

2007/4/18 23:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Samuel,

Am not following you brother ...

2007/4/18 23:04Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
you don't understand how much this hurts the african-american christians when they see so much of attention being given to abortion

Sam brother,

Just because we fiind reason to be cheerful on one front doesn't mean that we have forgotten the others. Without being indifferent to the bad, it is spiritually (and mentally) healthy to notice the good and praise God for it.

Must I regard my brother's joy and gratitude as selfishness? One person is thankful that the Lord has met his financial need, but another brother condemns him for not sharing. One person is healed of sickness but another rebukes him for his happiness, reminding him that others are starving. Dear brother...there is a season for both sadness and joy...and we can share in both!:-)

Blessings,

MC

2007/4/20 0:08Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
And you and yours?

Wild horses couldn't keep me away...I've been waiting for an non-entertainment praying/worshipping/weeping/waiting assembly like this for many years.

I'm planning on bringing as many people will come and showing up at Daryls place to sleep. (Don't tell him...I want it to be a surprise.) :-P

MC

2007/4/20 0:14Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
there is a season for both sadness and joy

“...sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing...?” (2Cor 6:10 KJVS)
...I'm looking forward to Canton too. :-)

2007/4/20 2:24Profile
Compton

Re:

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep

Even in the dark times we may still find cause to rejoice...there are always blessings from the Lord. For example...

Quote:
..I'm looking forward to Canton too.

What a time to look forward to! There are more bonds of affection in this forum then we might sometimes suppose. This fall, just as sure as I am that there will be tears...I am sure some of those tears will be joy and gratitude for having been allowed to share the Gospel among each other these past few years. How rich we are with each other in the Lord Jesus.

Blesings,

MC

2007/4/20 2:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy