Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Gospel at Virginia Tech

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Have you ever thought that it might be that the person who put together the convocation might have looked for a leader that specifically wouldn't touch on the fundementals of christianity?

If the Muslim leader hadn't said Allah I would have thought of him as a better bible teacher than the Christian leader.

I couldn't help but to think while the Buddhist girl was speaking and talking about prayer, 'who are you praying to?'

2007/4/18 10:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

I'm not trying to be insensitive. I just am amazed that in the face of something tragic like this, people still refuse to acknowledge God. Even a so-called "pastor".

Krispy

Brother Krispy as bad as I hate to say this I am not amazed at all in the world we live in now, the repercussions that one might receive after mentioning God or Jesus Christ scare "some" folks now days.
These so called "Christians" better read this scripture again "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven. end of discussion!

2007/4/18 10:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
Have you ever thought that it might be that the person who put together the convocation might have looked for a leader that specifically wouldn't touch on the fundamentals of Christianity?

Personally I don't believe that for one second after a thing like just happened at that school, Why? because I have never personally witnessed "any" big tragedy in this Country that almost everyone on the tube wasn't mentioning God or Jesus or Prayer.

2007/4/18 10:15Profile

Re:

Let me clarify something... the governor did not give the plan of salvation (i.e. the Gospel). I was not trying to imply that he did. I was trying to show that a politician at least mentioned the name of Jesus, mentioned Calvary, mentioned the Bible... and the "pastor" (if you can call him that) said NOTHING.

If anyone ever wondered what the word apostacy means... that Lutheran deceiver is the poster boy.

Krispy

2007/4/18 10:38
nadine

Re:

Krispy quoted:

Quote:
How pathetic that the so-called "Christian" leader who took part in the service never once mentioned Jesus Christ, never quoted scripture, never prayed... never even mentioned God.

Jeff quoted:
Quote:
Many of this nation are asleep, most are dead...

I was reading in Matthew and this verse jumped out at me:

[b]But while men slept[/b], his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Mattew 13:25

As men sleep, the enemy is sowing false preachers to lead and deceive many!

2007/4/18 10:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
The lutheran....no scripture, no Christ, no god, no prayer...nothing. I pray he gets saved at some point before he meets god. (the others too!)

:-P This is great, sounds like something I would say.

2007/4/18 10:55
ilive4only1

Texas

Re:

That was a good point

Why Oh Why do believers in Christ always seem to be surprised by what the world and those who are "religious" do.

My brother Paul says that they are enemies of the cross.

2007/4/18 11:21Profile

Re:

Korean people in Korea feel, in general, very bad about the whole situation...almost shame.

I try to encourage them that it is not their 'fault' and that it is a sign of the times in which we live. Many factors can be pointed to but the fact is there is a lack of God in peoples lives.

2007/4/19 1:42

Re:

Let the Koreans you know that this American (and 99.9% of the rest of us) dont blame the Korean people for this. The two kids who committed the Columbine horror were of European descent... and we didnt blame Europeans.

Because of a handful of stupid people in America, the rest of us are viewed as racists and hate filled. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Everyone I know has expressed grief for the parents of this guy. I cant imagine how they feel.

Americans realize that this was a horrific thing carried out by a mentally disturbed (and demon possessed) individual. Not a people group.

I've been to South Korea when I was in the Marines, and they are some of the most friendly and hospitable people on earth.

Krispy

2007/4/19 8:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy