Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Gospel at Virginia Tech

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Gospel at Virginia Tech

Praise God... the governor of Virginia is speaking right now at VT while I write this. He is talking about Job and Christ and the Bible! Hellelujah...

Krispy

2007/4/17 14:37

Re: The Gospel at Virginia Tech

Bush had some good words... quoted scripture.

And then VT introduced the religious leaders of the community who will assist in the "healing" process... first and formost a muslim, then a Budist, then a Rabbi... and finally... a Lutheran.

Just couldnt bring themselves to bring in a Bible believing, spirit filled believer in Jesus Christ.

However, I am aware that there are a plethura of real believers on site there ministering to the student body and parents. In fact, they were there almost immediately yesterday. You just wont hear about it in the media.

Pray for those folks that God would use them to bring salvation to those students.

Krispy

2007/4/17 14:52

Re:

How pathetic that the so-called "Christian" leader who took part in the service never once mentioned Jesus Christ, never quoted scripture, never prayed... never even mentioned God.

What a deceiver.

Krispy

2007/4/17 15:03
nadine

Re:

I agree. I had to hit pause on my DVR as I watched the convocation because I felt so grieved. As I sat there and waiting patiently for the Lutheran minister to speak. I thought to myself surely this man will name the name of Christ. Surely he will share the hope that is available in Jesus, especially in dark times... but NOTHING! I heard faintly the name of Jesus mentioned (off mic) as someone (perhaps the Lutheran minister???) lead the audience in the Lord's prayer. Then lastly, what seemed to be the only thing to "bring hope" to the audience was a poem. I can't even put into words why this saddened me and caused me to weep.

Jesus may you be glorified in all the earth.

2007/4/17 16:12Profile

Re:

Yea... as if saying over and over again "We are Virginia Tech!" is going to do anything for you.

I'm not trying to be insensitive. I just am amazed that in the face of something tragic like this, people still refuse to acknowledge God. Even a so-called "pastor".

Krispy

2007/4/17 16:23
rookie

Re:

Brother Krispy wrote:

Quote:
I'm not trying to be insensitive. I just am amazed that in the face of something tragic like this, people still refuse to acknowledge God. Even a so-called "pastor".

Pauls word speak of this day...

14 Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

Eph. 5:15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Manny of this nation are asleep, most are dead...

In Christ
jeff

2007/4/18 1:59Profile
Spitfire

Re: religious leaders

I was listening to the program on the radio. They stopped the broadcast before the Lutheran got up to speak. I [i]did[/i] hear the Buddhist woman speak. She said something about her belief in the inherent goodness of the human heart which made me cringe.

I wonder if that guy who killed all those people was just one of the bad ones?

We have created God in our own image.

Oh, that we could see as he sees and see Him as he, in fact, is!

We all need to pray that prayer everyday. Love, Dian.

2007/4/18 6:04Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

I saw the convocation live on CNN-But to my understanding what the governor said was it’s alright to be angry with God while innocents die and you are angry with God it’s ok to be angry. I think that’s why he mentioned Job there- God is portrayed here as the mastermind of this incident and the people has a ‘right’ to be angry with him. What grieved my heart was-when are we going to learn to say ‘I deserve this….. O Lord remember me when you come in your kingdom” just like the man who was crucified on Christ’s right- how I envy that man’s heart-in the time of his grief he was able to say I deserve this but be merciful to me O Lord!-But America-rather human heart is saying-I don’t deserve this but I have the right to be angry with you God! I think that was the spirit the Virgina governor spoke even though he quoted Job. At the end-the whole crowd shouted “We are Virgina Tech!” Tear us down we will build ourselves up in three days!This is the spirit- Instead of crying God have mercy on us-we’re still shouting Virginia Tech!-I say 'we' because I’m a human being and I share this heart! The only answer I have for this is crying out "Come Lord Jesus!"-I really cannot bear these days the thought where we human beings are heading to! His coming will be the final answer!

Your sis. Mek.

2007/4/18 6:43Profile

Re:

I watched the 4 "religious" leaders last night again on FoxNews. What struck me was the Muslim cleric had no problem mentioning the "creater" and invoked the name of Allah.

The Buddist mentioned the Dali Lama... she was not ashamed of her god.

The Jewish woman mentioned that Ecclesiastes wrote the book of Ecclesiastes. Thats odd... I thought it was Solomon! But at any rate... she mentioned scripture.

The Lutheran... no scripture, no Christ, no God, no prayer... nothing. I pray he gets saved at some point before he meets God. (the others too!)

The governor... not sure what to make of the being angry at God part. I think I understand what he was trying to say. I think it's ok to question God, as long as we keep it in the perspective that He is God and is to be feared. That we can not begin to understand His ways. But I know there's been times in my experience with Him that I have had to come to Him and say "I dont understand what You're trying to accomplish here, but it makes no sense to me." And I always try to sincerely end that conversation with "not my will, but Your's be done".

I wouldnt be too hard on the governor. He is a believer, I know that. He mentioned Jesus and Calvary... thats more than anyone else did.

Krispy

2007/4/18 8:08
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: The Gospel at Virginia Tech

I listened to the governor's speech, but I didn't hear the gospel. I was puzzled by his comments on being angry with God and also his comparison of their feelings of despair with Christ's words on the cross? No, I didn't hear the gospel there at all.

What I heard was the spirit of the world. I heard over and over again the mention of unity in the community. No turning to God, just a looking to ourselves for strength and healing.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/4/18 9:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy