SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New FDA guidelines threaten religious freedoms

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AmazedbyGod

New FDA guidelines threaten religious freedoms

Adam, Mike. "New FDA guidelines threaten religious freedoms; Holy Water could be regulated as "drugs and rosaries as "medical devises" News Target.com, April 13, 2007
http://www.newstarget.com/021792.html

Excerpt from above article

"Under the new CAM Guidelines issued by the FDA (see Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"), any items used in altering or enhancing the "function" of a living person are subject to regulation and control by the FDA. Items used in religious practices are NOT excluded from these guidelines.

Holy water, for example, could be regulated as a drug. Churches that continue to use Holy water in their services could be raided and accused of practicing medicine. Sound absurd? The FDA has already conducted an armed raid on one church (see "tyranny" article, above) and made no announcement that churches are exempt from FDA rule."

The crackers and grape juice used in Communion, which are tied to changes in the energy, function or spirituality of the person receiving them, might be regulated as drugs and require a prescription from a doctor. The Elder who annoints a member of the church with oil could be arrested and charged with practicing medicine, and church members who use rosaries to help heal themselves or others could be similarly arrested for using "unapproved medical devices."

:-o

2007/4/17 10:57Profile

Re: New FDA guidelines threaten religious freedoms

I would be careful with this... this article is very slanted and very subjective. This is one mans opinion about what he thinks the FDA intends to do. Not saying he's wrong, but it's quite obvious he has an agenda.

This reminds me of how Samuel Adams and the Sons of Liberty turned the killing of 5 harrassing citizens of Boston by British soldiers into the "Boston Massacre"... spinning it so that it sounded 10 times worse than it was. He had an agenda (albeit a good agenda in my opinion).

Christians have a very bad habit about freaking out when it comes to things like this, and end up looking foolish because they were wrong. How many of us have heard about atheists petitioning the FCC to remove all religious broadcasting from the air (altho I wish most of it was removed!)? It's a complete hoax.

No one loves hoaxes better than Christians!

All I'm saying is be careful.

Krispy

2007/4/17 11:08
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: New FDA guidelines threaten religious freedoms

Quote:

AmazedbyGod wrote:
Holy water, for example, could be regulated as a drug.

Isn't "holy" water a Catholic thing anyhow? It's not in the Bible is it?

Jordan

2007/4/20 13:37Profile

Re:

According to St. Robin, there is holy water... especially when there is rain comng down. He was once quoted as saying during a downpour "Holy water, Batman!!"

BAM!! BIFF!!

... and the Joker got away.

Krispy

2007/4/20 13:59

Re:

kripsy - Do you perform here every Friday at this time :0)

In Christ - Jim

2007/4/20 14:07
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
According to St. Robin, there is holy water... especially when there is rain comng down. He was once quoted as saying during a downpour "Holy water, Batman!!"

BAM!! BIFF!!

... and the Joker got away.

Krispy

LOL! Krispy, you crack me up! :-P

Jordan

2007/4/20 16:09Profile

Re:

Thank you... I love you... you're a great audience... I'll be signing autographs at the back table after the show!

Krispy

2007/4/21 6:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy