SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Battle of the Flesh, a mini sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
silverspoone

The Battle of the Flesh, a mini sermon

THE BATTLE OF THE FLESH
TEARS AND TRAINING

Ps 42:3-8
3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

8 Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
===============================================================
Ps 126:5-6
5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Jer 13:17
17 But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD's flock is carried away captive.
Jer 31:16
16 Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.
Mark 9:24
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Ps 57:2-3
2 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

3 He shall send from heaven, and save from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.
================================================================
I started thinking about my flesh and how to overcome it.
Ok, so I thought, what do I ask God, when I am to ask how to overcome?
How do I crucify my flesh so that I don’t react like I do?
Be specific, ok, I can do that.
Specifically, where are the scriptures that fight the emotional battle?
How does one wield the sword and knock down the emotional attacks from the devil?
That’s what I want to know. Yes, even seasoned Christians need to know!
You know, the battles that belittle us and tell us we are nothing. (The enemy LIKES to make us feel useless and small and insignificant and worth nothing!)
Yes, being a Christian can be tough at times. What an UNDERSTATEMENT!
Especially when you know there are scriptures to battle the enemy in every way, but for some reason, they elude you.
I know that I can quote the “I am the head and not the tail” and “I am above and not beneath” until I am blue, and I would be a pretty color, but, what about the tearful side of things? What do we do, when we are at a loss as to how to wield that Sword?

Sometimes, we are hardened in our walk with the Lord through the enemy attacking by co workers, bosses, friends and neighbors! AND family members! He doesn’t care who he uses, as long as he gets the results he is looking for! And what are they? To see us live in defeat, and unbelief, and doubt, and begin to doubt our faith and our God. THAT is the devils plan. So………how on earth do we fight this emotional battle of the mind?

Here is an example of maybe how things have gone for you in a situation at your work place. I know it happened in mine. We sometimes get frustrated at where God has placed us for many reasons, and want to quit! We are after all human and make mistakes, but we cannot use that excuse forever. Eventually we have to grow up and take responsibility for our actions. Not keep blaming our flesh. Or people. Or circumstances.

I got frustrated at my work place I had before, and wanted out. So God moved me to a new work place. The problem with it, was that there were WORSE situations to deal with, and I was angry inside, at how I was being treated. I was belittled, and disrespected, and hurt emotionally by careless words spoken not only by customers, but by my own bosses. My flesh rose, and I got into complaining and fault finding and critical behavior! In fact it went on for a long time. God relented, and was going to give me a new job. He will you know, and each time you face the same situations you didn’t overcome in the last place you worked. Each time it gets harder. Until you learn to overcome. Until you learn to show Jesus. Until you mature and grow and begin to realize that you are there to be a light in the darkness, and how great is the darkness sometimes. Then comes conviction power!! Then the tears!!
Its when the Lord lets you know that He will use someone ELSE for the job HE gave you to do, since you are giving up in that place, even though He felt you were perfect for the job. AND you were being blessed in many areas. So I decided I wasn’t going to give up! I was going to dig my heals in and deal with things differently and do the job GOD put me there to do. To show Jesus to a dying world, and show His light.
Then things began to change for me there. However, I am still a work in progress, and do slip now and again, but I am thankful for Gods mercy and patience, and love and Grace. I am going to grow and mature through these experiences. So that I can help others in their own situations. Never give up. You might be one step away from a miracle at your work place. Sometimes we misunderstand words spoken, or intents behind actions. No one is perfect, and those in the world, don’t have the same viewpoint as we do! They don’t see things spiritually. They see things carnally, and circumstantially.

Because of what I went through and because of the determination to not give up and do the job placed me there to do I have more peace.
And I am not facing the same things now, I did before.

One thing I figured out, is this. Most of us cry first. Get angry. And THEN think…and from there, we learn, and grow and mature.
We learn to develop a shell, that the world cannot penetrate, yet, is soft and tender and compassionate for those in need. It keeps the hurt away, and allows the pain of others, to be more important, and it allows for us to reach out in love and compassion for those that are suffering more than we can ever know.
We need to cry out to God for His heart of Love for His creation!!!!
We have to learn to shut off the emotion when its negative. Because we as humans react with our emotions. And as much as God has the same emotions we do, since He created us in His image and likeness, we need to learn to temper our emotions. Fine tune them.
How do we do this? By allowing God access to all our hurts, pain, and anger, and allowing Him to heal us from the inside out! He then fine tunes our emotions, so that we become warriors! Some of us are weeping Warriors, His intercessors! Some of us are hardened Warriors on the Front Lines of Battle… No matter where God has placed us in the body of Christ, we need to learn to have more control. To have more order. To be ready in season and out of season and ready for whatever battle lay ahead.

How do we fight this emotional battle?
We give it to GOD!
HE is the most awesome Warrior of ALL!!!
He is our High Commander!
Our Commanding Officer!
He has ALL the answers!

We resist the enemy, and he shall flee from us!
We use Gods word which is filled with the answers to all Spiritual battles.
Including emotional, which is where the enemy attacks us so much!

The battle field really IS the mind! But we can take control of that field!
We can learn new strategies, we can defeat the enemy at his own tricks.
We can turn the tables, and win the victory!

We have to stop running into offenses, flapping our gums, and back biting and complaining….no one will ever measure up to our way of doing things, or our way of thinking. So why fuss over that? We were ALL created differently, unique. Special. We all have a path to walk……….and all of us have different gifts, and callings. But we are all in the same body! Its time we all got along! Its only when complete unity and harmony happens, in heart, and mind, and spirit……and when we are in one accord, that revival will come to the church!!!

God Bless you!!!!!!
In Jesus
A Warrior Princess
In the Kings Court!
Sheila Hall
©April 2007™

2007/4/16 23:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy