SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Hell's Desperate Cry!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Hell's Desperate Cry!

This article greatly impacted my life a couple years ago. It is one of those messages that has continually stuck with me. I came upon it while cleaning out my closet the other day and as I sat down to read it I was struck once again with it's powerful message.

Here is the [url=http://christlifemin.org/publications/Newsletter/newsletter_2003-3.pdf]link[/url] to it. It is in pdf, and it is by Harold Vaughn

Here are some excerpts:

On earth Lazarus had nothing but God, while the rich man had everything except God...in life, God meant nothing to the rich man, and in death, the rich man meant nothing to God.

His prayer [the rich man's] was zealous. He was not saying his prayers: he was [i]praying[/i] his prayers!

"Saying prayers without praying prayers is blasphemy." - Brownlow North.

How horrible hell must be if a man who is eternally doomed is concerned enough to cry out on behalf of others!

R. A. Torrey said, "It's impossible to witness to the wrong person." If you lack concern for souls, start talking to people about their souls. As you listen to people and talk to people, your compassion can be reignited. The rich man in hell had heart-felt concern - do you?

---
There is also a powerful anecdote about Praying Hyde and his compassion for lost souls.

2007/4/16 20:58
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Hell's Desperate Cry!

Quote:
How horrible hell must be if a man who is eternally doomed is concerned enough to cry out on behalf of others!

Thank you for sharing this. May we soberly be impacted with the reality of hell.

2007/4/19 20:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy